#1 Hau-Jou Chiou

Hau-Jou Chiou
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Taiwan

Posted 22 June 2006 - 10:21 AM

My R160 Arrived yesterday.When I charged up all battery, I test the filming speed frist. But something confuse me, because the manual said if I want to shoot in 24fps, set the filming speed converter switch in the right hand position(24/25fps),depress the release button and turn the filming speed control knob until the tachometer needle lies strictly on the green dot on the upper scale.
But when I load film in camera, after I dpress release button and shoot. The tachometer needle will swing all the time. What happen to my R16?

#2 Scot McPhie

Scot McPhie
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 06:21 PM

It typically takes 3 or 4 seconds to settle down on to the right speed - how long are you running it for?

Scot

#3 Hau-Jou Chiou

Hau-Jou Chiou
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Taiwan

Posted 28 June 2006 - 01:35 PM

I running it about 40 secs.
But tachometer needle swing all the time.

#4 Scot McPhie

Scot McPhie
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 04:15 PM

I running it about 40 secs.
But tachometer needle swing all the time.

Yeah that's not right. It could either be the camera or the battery I guess - is the battery delivering a constant current?

Scot

#5 Hau-Jou Chiou

Hau-Jou Chiou
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Taiwan

Posted 01 July 2006 - 01:52 PM

I have three battery, but they are come from different place.
But today, when I test my R16 I find some interesting situations.
Because when I put my camera on tripod and don't touch it, it could make the tachometer needle on the 24fps point.
But I move the camera when camera running, the tachometer needle would swing again.
Is it normal?

Yeah that's not right. It could either be the camera or the battery I guess - is the battery delivering a constant current?

Scot

And Could you tell me where can check my R16 or fix it.
I live in Taiwan, it's a island near China.

Scot

#6 Scot McPhie

Scot McPhie
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 06:30 PM

How rapidly are you maving the camera - the forces as you move it are probably effecting the motor - perhaps you might need a new motor - how rapidly are you moving the camera, at a rate at whoich you would be filming something?

There are two service agents that I know of Bjorn Anderson in Sweden and Milan Smetak in Melbourne, Australia - I can get you Milan's details if you want them, I think Bjorn's will be on filmshooting.com see
http://www.filmshoot...m...rofile&u=60

Scot

#7 Joe Taylor

Joe Taylor
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Other

Posted 04 July 2006 - 11:13 AM

I have an old R16. They're great cameras once you get it loaded.

Are you sure that the tach is not running all funky? If the motor were really fluctuating enough for the tach to jump all over, you would definetely hear it in the motor. This would be the case if it were fluctuating even 1-2 frames per second. Just because a camera is not chrystal sync, does not mean the speed flucuates much. In fact, a good wild motor will run very close to whatever speed you have it set for, just not 100%. A solid motor will run more like 96% if not better. Even at 98% you will loose sync quickly. Sounds like your tachometer has gone bad. Not critical as long as the camera's rheostat is calibrated correctly.

Opal

CineTape

Visual Products

The Slider

FJS International, LLC

CineLab

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Paralinx LLC

Willys Widgets

Metropolis Post

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Abel Cine