#1 Turbe

Turbe
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Other

Posted 22 June 2006 - 01:28 PM

Hello,

I have developed (prototyped) an Optical Source that allows Optical Color Correction for Eumig line of S8 Projectors (would work with others as well) - useful for DIY Telecine. It uses Luxeon 3W emitters and can use just the White color source, RGB or both (or all 4 channels) at one time, with independent brightness control (0-100%) of each of the 4 channels. The Luxeon emitters are in custom aluminum heat sinks. I originally planned to used just one channel (White Luxeon) but added RGB support. The mod could be either one channel (white), 3 channel (RGB) or 4 (white and RGB). Opal glass between the light source(s) and gate is ideal.

This config does not act like a electronic shutter (flashing LEDs like the Flashscan8), but is very suitable for frame by frame (3 - 6fps) Telecine (Eumig's are great for this).

The Mod will require very little modification to the projector itself, you can revert back to the standard bulbs.

I will post more info and pictures in the future if anyone is interested. I still have some fine tuning to do. Future additions planned will be a PC connection via USB for PC control of the individual channels.

Shawn

Edited by Turbe, 22 June 2006 - 01:33 PM.

#2 Gianni Raineri

Gianni Raineri
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Other
  • London England

Posted 22 June 2006 - 05:21 PM

I am interested in this. Sounds good for colour negative telecine, or making Super 8 'prints' using a camera like the Elmo 1012 S-XL instead of a DV camcorder.

Gianni in London :)

.....I will post more info and pictures in the future if anyone is interested. .....

Abel Cine

Aerial Filmworks

rebotnix Technologies

FJS International, LLC

CineLab

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Glidecam

Wooden Camera

Visual Products

CineTape

The Slider

Paralinx LLC