Olex Kalynychenko
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine

Posted 28 June 2006 - 05:13 AM

Hi.
The many users of Konvas-1M, Konvas-2M cameras have 15 EPSS motors.
The original electronics of 15EPSS motor have analog system of speed stabilization with big size power unit and 8.5 v battery.
The modern film making ask electrical motors with crystal sync speed stabilization.
That's why, the users of Konvas with 15EPSS motor have idea replace motor on 17EP-16 APK motor with crystal sync speed.
And , i can propose modify of 15 EPSS motor on crystal sync, multi speed motor.
The new version of 15EPSS motor will have original block of DC motors and new, modern, microprocessor module with crystal sync speeds and 6 , or 10, or 16 speeds.

The many film makers use HMI lighters with 50 Hz and 60 Hz main power and need series of speeds sync with 50 hz and 60 hz frequency.
The original 17EP-16 APK motor have 6 speeds only, 8, 12, 16, 24, 25, 32 fps.
The new microprocessor module can have speeds :
6.25, 8, 12, 12.5, 15, 16, 16.6, 20, 24, 25, 30, 32, 33,3, 40, 48, 50 fps.
This is new microprocessor module can be use for modify 17EP-16 APK motor and can extend list of speed and add new technical possibility: soft start, manual adjust phase and other.

What you think about this modification of 15EPSS motor, The user need this modification ?

#2 Sasuke

Sasuke
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2006 - 03:59 PM

It sounds like a good idea. It will make the 15epss a better backup motor. If the price is more than
$500 USD, it will not be worth it. So what is your price?

#3 Olex Kalynychenko

Olex Kalynychenko
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 14 July 2006 - 05:33 AM

It sounds like a good idea. It will make the 15epss a better backup motor. If the price is more than
$500 USD, it will not be worth it. So what is your price?

Hi
Yes, I hope, this is modification will interest for many film mmakers.
The many Konvas-1M, Konvas-2M cameras have 15EPSS motor with non-crystal sync speeds and
rare battery 8.5 v.

The modification can have a few versions.
I can send you full technical description of every version of modification if you send me request on my e-mail olex@a-teleport.com
The price of modification from 350 Euros.

#4 Kevin Blake

Kevin Blake
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 10 May 2008 - 08:14 PM

Hi
Yes, I hope, this is modification will interest for many film mmakers.
The many Konvas-1M, Konvas-2M cameras have 15EPSS motor with non-crystal sync speeds and
rare battery 8.5 v.

The modification can have a few versions.
I can send you full technical description of every version of modification if you send me request on my e-mail olex@a-teleport.com
The price of modification from 350 Euros.

Hello Olex,

I've read your posts and seen your web site and I must say that your information is really helpful.

I have now a Konvas 1M (7M) with a 15EPSS motor. I don't have a battery and I find it hard to find a battery that is 8.5v 15a.

So therefore I would be interested in modifing my 15EPSS to allow it to use common batteries and would be interested in the pricing for the different versions.

I have sent you an e-mail..

Edited by Kevin Blake, 10 May 2008 - 08:14 PM.

#5 Olex Kalynychenko

Olex Kalynychenko
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 11 May 2008 - 07:37 AM

Hello Olex,

I've read your posts and seen your web site and I must say that your information is really helpful.

I have now a Konvas 1M (7M) with a 15EPSS motor. I don't have a battery and I find it hard to find a battery that is 8.5v 15a.

So therefore I would be interested in modifing my 15EPSS to allow it to use common batteries and would be interested in the pricing for the different versions.

I have sent you an e-mail..

My new email olex.camera@gmail.com.
Sorry, i must closed of my old email olex@a-teleport.com because receive more 100 letters of spam every day.

I recommed you to begin of use of Konvas from upgrade of original power unit 15EPSS on 6 v version of battery and a shoot a first time.
If you will need crystal sync speed motor, you can think about replace of motor on 17EP-16 APK or 19EP-16 APK, or 18EP-16 APK, or about upgrade of electronics of original 15EPSS motor.

I wish underline, the upgrade of 15EPSS motor on crystal sync speed version possible, but, this is version will ask of 24 v or 48 v battery.
15EPSS motor module inlcuded of 27 V DC motors inside and this is DC motors don't wish work with 12 v battery.

That's why, the original power unit of 15EPSS included of voltage changer from 8.5v to 52 v ( 27+27V ) and we must use of 24 v ( parallel feed of DC motors ) or 48 v ( series connection ).

The any voltage changer have coefficient of efficiency less of 100% and you will lost a some power of bettery.
That's why, I prefer of idea of use two 12 v ( 12+12=24 v ) low power batteries, from one 12v high power battery with DC-DC voltage changer on 24 v.

rebotnix Technologies

Visual Products

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Metropolis Post

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Technodolly

Wooden Camera

Opal

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

CineLab

Abel Cine

Ritter Battery