#1 Saba Mazloum

Saba Mazloum
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • China

Posted 28 June 2006 - 10:53 PM

Hi, my name is Saba Mazloum, and i just got hired as a camera assitant in Taipei Taiwan.
Most of the camera we are using are F900s, so i was wondering if any 1 out there could give me some tips on how to work on these cameras. Thhanks..

#2 Chris Keth

Chris Keth
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4427 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • Los Angeles

Posted 28 June 2006 - 11:57 PM

Hi, my name is Saba Mazloum, and i just got hired as a camera assitant in Taipei Taiwan.
Most of the camera we are using are F900s, so i was wondering if any 1 out there could give me some tips on how to work on these cameras. Thhanks..

Will there be an HD engineer on set?

#3 Saba Mazloum

Saba Mazloum
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • China

Posted 29 June 2006 - 10:13 AM

Will there be an HD engineer on set?

i massivly dout it, cuz their asking me to help with the english menu..

#4 Chris Keth

Chris Keth
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4427 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • Los Angeles

Posted 29 June 2006 - 11:01 PM

i massivly dout it, cuz their asking me to help with the english menu..

Then the first thing you need to do is find out exactly how much you're expected to know about working with this camera. Doing the lens changes, et cetera is easy enough. If you're expected to come up with custom matrices and elaborate color schemes in-camera like an engineer could, you need to tell someone you don't know how...unless you know how. There is soooooooo much variable stuff in those menus that there really should be an HD engineer on set.

You should at least read the manual a bit and know how to default everything on the camera so do display things, that kind of stuff.

#5 Jon Kukla

Jon Kukla
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Other

Posted 30 June 2006 - 09:07 AM

Then the first thing you need to do is find out exactly how much you're expected to know about working with this camera. Doing the lens changes, et cetera is easy enough. If you're expected to come up with custom matrices and elaborate color schemes in-camera like an engineer could, you need to tell someone you don't know how...unless you know how. There is soooooooo much variable stuff in those menus that there really should be an HD engineer on set.

You should at least read the manual a bit and know how to default everything on the camera so do display things, that kind of stuff.

Paul Wheeler has also written some good books specifically going over a lot of this in detail. For the F900, I'd particularly recommend (if there's still time) getting a hold of High Definition and 24p Cinematography. Good luck!

#6 Daniel Madsen

Daniel Madsen
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Student
  • Boston

Posted 30 June 2006 - 11:44 PM

There are plenty of manuals for the f900 online. Check out panavision Austrialia.

Abel Cine

Aerial Filmworks

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

rebotnix Technologies

Ritter Battery

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Rig Wheels Passport

The Slider

Metropolis Post

Opal

CineTape