#1 Marc Marti

Marc Marti
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Other

Posted 29 June 2006 - 04:52 PM

Hello!

I've purchased recently a Leicina Special and, after using a release cable in one shot, the red "open shutter" pilot light remains enganged, and the camera doesn't want to shoot anymore. What am I doing wrong??

#2 A.Oliver

A.Oliver
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Other
  • Croydon UK

Posted 29 June 2006 - 05:11 PM

Hi, the dial above the ASA dial should be set to a round dot??? is it ? or is it on 'T'. T will illuminate the red lamp and keep the shutter open for a timed exposure (like bulb setting on a 35mm slr) upon pressing of the trigger, press the trigger release again and the lamp should go out.

#3 Marc Marti

Marc Marti
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Other

Posted 29 June 2006 - 05:34 PM

Thanks K25rip, but no, the dial is on the round dot... I've never attempted to do a long exposure.

Before inserting the release cable, I've rotated the second release button a few times. I don't know if this information is relevant...

#4 Marc Marti

Marc Marti
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Other

Posted 30 June 2006 - 05:04 PM

And... voilĂ ! The camera started to work again, but after filming a little bit more, it failed again (this time without any sign of open shutter).

I'm starting to think that the camera is defective... I'll write to the seller tomorrow and I'll let you know...

#5 A.Oliver

A.Oliver
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Other
  • Croydon UK

Posted 30 June 2006 - 05:09 PM

Hi, are you testing the camera with film?? could it be a dodgy/sticky cartridge. Are your batteries good?

#6 Marc Marti

Marc Marti
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Other

Posted 30 June 2006 - 06:22 PM

Yes. With film (K40 and Plus-X) and without it. Now is working again... this is crazy... perhaps it's just a defective connection, as batteries are new.

Tomorrow, if it still works, I'll continue shooting in the afternoon. I have great expectations from that Optivaron lens, but I believe it's very difficult to surpass the sharpness obtained with my Zeiss GS8. What do you think?

And the last question: As the camera has that special gate, I would like to know if the use of the metal pressure plate will damage the camera.

Thanks a lot!

rebotnix Technologies

CineTape

Wooden Camera

Rig Wheels Passport

Opal

CineLab

Abel Cine

FJS International, LLC

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Glidecam

Willys Widgets