#1 Paul Mattei

Paul Mattei
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Other
  • Savage, Minnesota

Posted 30 June 2006 - 08:54 AM

;) I just got my first two rolls of super 8 Ektachrome 64T back from Dwayen's. The good news is that my Bell & Howell 2144-XL meters perfectly with the 64T notching. This film however does not have the resolution of K40.
The color was good though, even with an 85 filter. I would be curious to see what would happen when this film is pushed 1 or 2 stops. I wouldn't think it would get too much grainer. I guess we should just be happy that we still have a reversal stock in super 8

#2 Douglas Hunter

Douglas Hunter
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Other
  • Los Angeles

Posted 30 June 2006 - 11:41 AM

;) I just got my first two rolls of super 8 Ektachrome 64T back from Dwayen's. The good news is that my Bell & Howell 2144-XL meters perfectly with the 64T notching. This film however does not have the resolution of K40.
The color was good though, even with an 85 filter. I would be curious to see what would happen when this film is pushed 1 or 2 stops. I wouldn't think it would get too much grainer. I guess we should just be happy that we still have a reversal stock in super 8

When you say it does not have the resoulition of K40 do you mean that it looks grainier? Also how would you describe the color? The little 64T I have seen tended to lean towards more pastel color representation and was desaturated but both of those could have resulted from the way the film was shot and telecined rather than the film itself. Any additional info you could provide would we welcomed.

thanks.

#3 Paul Mattei

Paul Mattei
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Other
  • Savage, Minnesota

Posted 30 June 2006 - 01:14 PM

The film is grainer and the colors are less saturated than the K40. I think you are right on with describing the pastel look. I think that using an 85B filter rather than a 85 (85A), would improve this.

Paul

Wooden Camera

CineLab

Glidecam

The Slider

rebotnix Technologies

Tai Audio

Aerial Filmworks

CineTape

Abel Cine

Visual Products

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS