#1 Scott Lynch

Scott Lynch
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Chicago, IL

Posted 08 July 2006 - 04:28 PM

I've had the good fortune of being a finalist in a short film competition taking place this August. The final stage of the competition is taking place in Agra, India (just south of New Dehli) where we have to create a short 1-2 min film in 24hrs.
While I'm really excited to go over there and everything, I haven't been able to find a lot of information about shooting in India, what to expect and prepare for, other then it will be Monsoon season and expect rain and it being really hot.
The film we have to make will have to be on a theme that they give us right at the beginning of our time limit, they will also provide video camera and editing equipment, exactly which we will also find out when we get there. So being as we will already have a lot against us, I wanted to know if anyone had had experience shooting in this part of India during this part of the year, and what I could expect to find in regards to things like poster board for bounce cards, will I be able to find aluminum foil for reflectors, and any other tips you may have (dealing with people, ect.)

-Scott

FJS International, LLC

Glidecam

CineLab

Willys Widgets

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Tai Audio

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Wooden Camera

Paralinx LLC

Ritter Battery

Technodolly