Colm Whelan
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Bangkok, Thailand

Posted 09 July 2006 - 09:24 AM

Hi I normally work in film.

Someone just dropped a brand new Sony F900r on my lap and asked me to shoot somthing on it this week. No operating manual. First problem I have is not getting a picture thru the test out to video in on the HD monitor. Only from the SDI out. and any menu changes I make dont seem to affect the picture on this monitor with this output. anyway I guess I'm looking for somewhere I can research and troubleshoot small problems and find out how to set up this thing to shoot in as film like a manner as I can. and quick. Help!!!! :(

#2 Elhanan Matos

Elhanan Matos
  • Sustaining Members
  • 432 posts
  • Digital Image Technician
  • Santa Monica, CA

Posted 17 July 2006 - 01:26 PM

Hi I normally work in film.

Someone just dropped a brand new Sony F900r on my lap and asked me to shoot somthing on it this week. No operating manual. First problem I have is not getting a picture thru the test out to video in on the HD monitor. Only from the SDI out. and any menu changes I make dont seem to affect the picture on this monitor with this output. anyway I guess I'm looking for somewhere I can research and troubleshoot small problems and find out how to set up this thing to shoot in as film like a manner as I can. and quick. Help!!!! :(

You can try and look at the operation manual for the original F900, most of the menu items are the same but in a different order. You can find the manual somewhere on the Library section of this site.

#3 Bob Hayes

Bob Hayes
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1087 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Culver City, California

Posted 17 July 2006 - 05:25 PM

Only from the SDI out. and any menu changes I make dont seem to affect the picture on this monitor with this output.

I don?t understand what you mean by the changes don?t effect what?s on the monitor. Changes that you make with regards to picture, like Ped, Clip, Gamma, and color manipulation should all appear on every monitor.

#4 Harry Capota

Harry Capota
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 22 February 2007 - 03:30 PM

I don?t understand what you mean by the changes don?t effect what?s on the monitor. Changes that you make with regards to picture, like Ped, Clip, Gamma, and color manipulation should all appear on every monitor.

Hi

Once again I recommend you hiring a DIT or a hidef skilled AC. Personally, as a HD cameraman (& DIT)
i appreciate that opportunity and I keep my head clear. My first task is being a cameraman! You don't need
to bother yourself with silly settings with a good DIT
As with film and other video formats: HD should be a storyteller tool, the cameraman should concentrate on
making the appropriate pictures and serve the director...

Harry Capota
HD/ E-CINEMA

Ritter Battery

Rig Wheels Passport

FJS International, LLC

Opal

Glidecam

CineLab

The Slider

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Technodolly

Aerial Filmworks