CP16R w/mini rods & matte box

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Robert Skates

Robert Skates
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2006 - 05:37 PM

Here are a few photos of some Century style Canon XL1 mini rods and an Arri SR matte box on a CP16R. Scroll down past the older photos.

http://www.sk8scamer...m/CP16GRAY.html

Robert Skates

#2 Timothy David Orme

Timothy David Orme
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Director
  • Boise, ID

Posted 11 July 2006 - 08:17 AM

Here are a few photos of some Century style Canon XL1 mini rods and an Arri SR matte box on a CP16R. Scroll down past the older photos.

http://www.sk8scamer...m/CP16GRAY.html

Robert Skates

Hey Robert--

Thanks for posting those pics. I've been trying to find out how people have rigged a matte box for the cp-16r for a while and nobody has been of much help. These pics make me very happy.

What matte box did you say you were using? Arri SR?

--Tim

#3 Chris Keth

Chris Keth
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4427 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • Los Angeles

Posted 11 July 2006 - 11:22 AM

Hey Robert--

Thanks for posting those pics. I've been trying to find out how people have rigged a matte box for the cp-16r for a while and nobody has been of much help. These pics make me very happy.

What matte box did you say you were using? Arri SR?

--Tim

Yeah, it's the Arri SR mattebox. It looks like it would be very simple to make a bracket to use the arri lightweight 15mm rods, too.

Edited by Christopher D. Keth, 11 July 2006 - 11:24 AM.

#4 Timothy David Orme

Timothy David Orme
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Director
  • Boise, ID

Posted 12 July 2006 - 12:07 AM

Is that matte box specifically listed as the Arri SR mattebox? If so, I can't find it anywhere, and I've done lots of searching. Anyone have any advice on where I should be looking or if I'm even looking for the right thing?

#5 Robert Skates

Robert Skates
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2006 - 06:58 AM

Is that matte box specifically listed as the Arri SR mattebox? If so, I can't find it anywhere, and I've done lots of searching. Anyone have any advice on where I should be looking or if I'm even looking for the right thing?

I've always called that model the SR matte box because they were introduced for use on the SR 1 mini rods. The SR was the first arri camera to use the 15mm mini rods. I could be wrong. I've heard some refer to them as the "old style 3X4" "3X4 SR style" Hope that helps. Check the Visual Products site.

http://www.visualpro...t...t=3&Cat2=37

The mini rod set I have needed to be modified a bit to get the lens to set dead center in the reflex ring. Very easy fix.
Robert Skates

#6 Timothy David Orme

Timothy David Orme
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Director
  • Boise, ID

Posted 13 July 2006 - 01:16 PM

I've always called that model the SR matte box because they were introduced for use on the SR 1 mini rods. The SR was the first arri camera to use the 15mm mini rods. I could be wrong. I've heard some refer to them as the "old style 3X4" "3X4 SR style" Hope that helps. Check the Visual Products site.

http://www.visualpro...t...t=3&Cat2=37

The mini rod set I have needed to be modified a bit to get the lens to set dead center in the reflex ring. Very easy fix.
Robert Skates

Hm...I called visual products and they're out of stock. I haven't been able to find one anywhere else.

Also, I was wondering if anyone knows where to get a few good 16mm primes with the CP mount. Or, if people really feel it's worth the money ($750) to convert the camera to a PL mount.

--Tim

Ritter Battery

Willys Widgets

FJS International, LLC

Visual Products

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Glidecam

Tai Audio

Rig Wheels Passport

Paralinx LLC

Wooden Camera

rebotnix Technologies