#1 Matthew Glasscock

Matthew Glasscock

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Student

Posted 11 July 2006 - 01:57 PM

I am a freshman film student and I am currently still wading through the core class requirements and have about a year before I get into the serious, hands-on film classes. In the meantime I want to practice on my own, in the hopes of developing some rudimentary techniques, with 16mm. I have recently obtained a Bolex H16 T and a Krasnogorsk 3, both from ebay. I understand that these are noisy cameras and are not great models for synching dialogue. Not a problem for the time being. My question is this: I have found a couple different models of vintage editors on ebay (CRAIG PROJECTO-EDITOR by KALART VICTOR and VINTAGE Mansfield Deluxe 950 Film Splicer/Editor). Does anyone have any experience with these machines and if so, are they worth owning? I've read that the Mansfield will edit both 8mm and 16mm but only 8mm can be seen through the viewer. Is this true w/ every model?
My first few projects are going to be silent, just to practice. I would like to have music added to the footage later. Is this very hard/expensive?

Tentatively Yours,

Matthew

CineTape

rebotnix Technologies

Rig Wheels Passport

Aerial Filmworks

CineLab

Ritter Battery

FJS International, LLC

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Opal

Tai Audio