Olex Kalynychenko
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine

Posted 14 July 2006 - 11:24 AM

Dear film makers.

Whether a beginner or a skilled cameraman, unloading your 1st or 100th film you really should consider developing your own film in a home made lab. The standard processing of a film in a commercial film lab does not give you the opportunity to maximise the potential of your film.
Experimenting with the standard procedures of processing of a film or using special procedures can help you achieve special expressive effects, which would not be duplicted in a commercial lab. Only individual, manual processing of a film allows you to realise the full to use potential of a film.

I will glad discuss with you a information about home film processing, manual film processing, processing Super 8, Double 8, 16 mm, 35 mm films, B&W negative, B&W reversal, color reversal films.

The individual, manual processing of a film in a home laboratory is a first step on the road to achieving the full range of cinematic skills.

You have film and you wish processing this film.
You wish know, what devices need you for this.

1. You need wish of processing of film at home
2. You will need device for processing of film. This can be spiral processing tank, small procesisng machine or other.
3. You will need chemical components for preparation solutions for processing of film.
This can be set of chemistry or chemical components.
4. You need glass lab ware for preparation of slututions, thermometer, stop-watch, other devices.
5. You need devices for dry of film. This can be universal film dryer or other device.

You can begin of processing film.
The every film and every set chemistry have detailed instruction, what need do.
You need repeat of this instructions and all will OK.

After processing, you can edit of film and show for your friends.

The long time personal experience of processing a film at home lab give me possibility to recommend home film processing technology for other film makers too.

I glad answer on all your questions and explain of all steps and details of home film processing.
You can see information about home film processing, manual film processing, processing Super 8, Double 8, 16 mm, 35 mm films, B&W negative, B&W reversal, color reversal films on my site
http://www.geocities.com/cinetank
or you can send me questions by forum or personal e-mail olex@a-teleport.com

Visual Products

CineLab

Glidecam

Rig Wheels Passport

Broadcast Solutions Inc

rebotnix Technologies

Opal

Paralinx LLC

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Tai Audio