mike geranios
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Athens/Greece

Posted 15 July 2006 - 01:49 PM

Hello

Can anyone tell me what is the best way to set the XDCAM HD for a serial?Just the basics in order to work fine.I know this is a very general question :blink: but all tips are welcome

All the best

Mike

#2 Tim J Durham

Tim J Durham
  • Sustaining Members
  • 742 posts
  • Director
  • East Coast, Baby!

Posted 17 July 2006 - 09:34 AM

Hello

Can anyone tell me what is the best way to set the XDCAM HD for a serial?Just the basics in order to work fine.I know this is a very general question :blink: but all tips are welcome

All the best

Mike

That's a pretty non-specific request. What does the director want it to look like? Has he/she seen any footage from the camera? Shoot some tests and look at them together, then ask questions from there.

#3 Simon Wyndham

Simon Wyndham
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Camera Operator
  • UK

Posted 03 August 2006 - 12:28 PM

Don't forget Tim that some owners of 350's might also be the directors of whatever they are producing when it comes to smaller productions. I produce, dorect, and shoot my own documentaries. And I have been searching for a good in-camera look for a while.

Best advice I think I could give would be to get a DSC chart (doesn't have to be the top of the line one), and something like Vidscope (www.vidscope.com) which is an inexpensive realtime software scope monitor, and setup the baseline look for your camera and then go from there.

Panasonic have some downloadable looks for the SDX900. It would be cool if there was a website repository of scope overlays for various looks so that people could recreate them, or as close as possible, using whatever camera model they own and a waveform/vectorscope.

Far more useful than Scene File downloads.

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

The Slider

Paralinx LLC

CineTape

Wooden Camera

Technodolly

CineLab

Visual Products

Willys Widgets

Opal

FJS International, LLC

Rig Wheels Passport