• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Adam White

Adam White
  • Sustaining Members
  • 135 posts
  • Other

Posted 18 July 2006 - 01:56 PM

Apologies if this has been posted before but I am shooting some S8 this weekend for the first time in. . . years and I am struggling to search for processing places on the net.

Of course if I was transferring old cine family films to video for my nan, I could fill up two phone books . .

If it softens your heart any, I cant believe Ive not used the format in ages and cant wait to get stuck in (hopefully sticking a few photos on the forum when I can) :)

#2 Andy_Alderslade

Andy_Alderslade
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1055 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • London, UK

Posted 18 July 2006 - 05:03 PM

Apologies if this has been posted before but I am shooting some S8 this weekend for the first time in. . . years and I am struggling to search for processing places on the net.

Of course if I was transferring old cine family films to video for my nan, I could fill up two phone books . .

If it softens your heart any, I cant believe Ive not used the format in ages and cant wait to get stuck in (hopefully sticking a few photos on the forum when I can) :)

What type of film are you shooting with?

The only place in the UK that processes super 8 film is Todd-AO in Camden, London. They only process negative and will charge you £40 + Vat for inclusive processing and telecine (for every roll), they provide a fast and proffesional service.

If you're using Reversal film, either negative or black & white you can either take it to Blue or The Widescreen Centre who will send it to a European lab or you can send it direct to a European lab, which are available in France, Germany and The Netherlands. It may be more economic to send it direct considering London transport costs but that depends on ypur personal situation.

My personal experiences of sending it myself are: The French lab doesn't have a website and their phone operators don't speak english (so only for french speakers) and I used Andec Filmtecknic (in Genrmany)once, they lost the first 20sec of a reel, I didn't have time to complain at the time, but have forgiven them enough to try them again.

#3 Tankerplot

Tankerplot

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Other

Posted 19 July 2006 - 12:29 PM

Todd only process neg - their processing and telecine are excellent, though costly.

Blue Audio Visual and Widescreen are the easiest people to deal with direct in the UK, and as they both use the same labs the fact that Blue are significantly cheaper makes it a no-brainer. I've bought a load of films from them off the net, and they've always arrived promptly, so they would be my recommendation if you're in the UK.

The Slider

Wooden Camera

Glidecam

Aerial Filmworks

CineTape

Paralinx LLC

CineLab

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Technodolly

Abel Cine

Metropolis Post

Opal