#1 Michael McIntyre

Michael McIntyre
  • Sustaining Members
  • 96 posts
  • Other
  • Denver, Colorado

Posted 23 July 2006 - 07:31 PM

DVX 100b BASE Package & Rebate Info:
The Good, The Bad & The Ugly (Retailers / sellers that is)

*** These prices do not include the rebate mentioned below ***

Markertek
$3,799.00

EVS Online
$3,529.95

B&H
$3,499.95

Abel Cine
$3,495

Birns&Sawyer
$3,495

Beach Camera
$3,149.00

-> Buyer Beware Below <-

eBay
$2,100 ~ $3,629

Shop Sunshine / DSN / digital-shopping-network
$2,669.99

Zoommania
$2,310.00

Some of these guys mention the rebate, others don't. As borrowed from EVS (one of the very good guys).....

From 24p to ?Instant HD? with DVX100B
Already one of the most popular and versatile SD cameras on the market, the DVX100B now includes an exciting software package that will help integrate your DVX footage into the HD world.
Panasonic has announced a new rebate and bonus offer for the DVX100B. When you purchase a new Panasonic AG-DVX100B before September 30, 2006, you are eligible to receive a $350 cash rebate and free copies of Red Giant Software?s Magic Bullet Editors 2 and Instant HD software. You?ll also receive a free copy of the The DVX Book and DVD, by Barry Green.

Instant HD is a plug-in for Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects. Specially designed to work with progressive images, the program up-converts SD video to a variety of HD formats. You can choose from a list of preset resolutions, making it easy to integrate DV video into your next high definition production. When scaling from standard definition to high definition, the missing pixels must be generated in an intelligent way. Instant HD provides a high-quality method for converting SD sources to HD within your favorite video application.

By no means official or authoritative, this snapshot of prices was done while doing my own diggin' around. I remember seeing a similar thread when I first started shopping and thought there might be some interest.
There have been a few "scam" price queries being too "good to be true" on here (i.e. USA Photo Nation, Express Digital, Genius Cameras, Prestige, Royal, JandK, etc.).......

Good luck!

Glidecam

Aerial Filmworks

Rig Wheels Passport

CineLab

Opal

Paralinx LLC

CineTape

Metropolis Post

The Slider

Willys Widgets

FJS International, LLC