nizo 2056

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 paulhanssen

paulhanssen
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2006 - 07:56 AM

Hi,

I am expecting an nizo 2056 in a few days ánd some vison 200t films for some shorts. I will have to shoot a test film first. I will be using a handheld meter and will test film in tungsten and daylight. I have a few questions:

a. For daylight filming: when I insert the cartridge, will the internal filter move away automatically and do I have to use an external filter? Or can I switch the internal filter back manually.
b. which external filter should I be using for daylight?
c. I will use a greycard and a model for filming at different stops for testing, and telecine the film and evaluate the results on televison screen; Do you have any additional tips??
d. any further tips on working with the 2056??

thanks a lot for the input!!!

Best wishes,

Paul

Edited by paulhanssen, 26 July 2006 - 07:56 AM.

#2 Chris Gravat

Chris Gravat
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Student

Posted 27 July 2006 - 03:37 AM

When filming in light with a color temp of 5500 k (Daylight) and using tungsten balanced film (3200k) the correct external filter is an 85B.

The test rolls will be a great opportunity to see what your DOF is at different focal lengths, T stops, and subject distances.

Make sure you keep detailed camera reports to get the highest quality transfer. Unfortunately I do not have any experience with the 2056, so this is all the info I can provide. Good luck.

- Chris Gravat
DP / Editor
Orlando, FL

Hi,

I am expecting an nizo 2056 in a few days ánd some vison 200t films for some shorts. I will have to shoot a test film first. I will be using a handheld meter and will test film in tungsten and daylight. I have a few questions:

a. For daylight filming: when I insert the cartridge, will the internal filter move away automatically and do I have to use an external filter? Or can I switch the internal filter back manually.
b. which external filter should I be using for daylight?
c. I will use a greycard and a model for filming at different stops for testing, and telecine the film and evaluate the results on televison screen; Do you have any additional tips??
d. any further tips on working with the 2056??

thanks a lot for the input!!!

Best wishes,

Paul

#3 Alessandro Machi

Alessandro Machi
  • Sustaining Members
  • 3318 posts
  • Other
  • California

Posted 27 July 2006 - 09:06 PM

When filming in light with a color temp of 5500 k (Daylight) and using tungsten balanced film (3200k) the correct external filter is an 85B.

The test rolls will be a great opportunity to see what your DOF is at different focal lengths, T stops, and subject distances.

Make sure you keep detailed camera reports to get the highest quality transfer. Unfortunately I do not have any experience with the 2056, so this is all the info I can provide. Good luck.

- Chris Gravat
DP / Editor
Orlando, FL

I have a 2056. I recall having an issue over what kind of batteries it took. Read any verbage closely that you find on the battery handle or inside the battery handle. Your camera might take alkalines or NiCAD's, but not both.

CineTape

CineLab

Metropolis Post

Ritter Battery

Wooden Camera

Aerial Filmworks

Technodolly

Glidecam

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

The Slider

Willys Widgets

FJS International, LLC