Michael Collier
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1262 posts
  • Gaffer
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 28 July 2006 - 03:19 PM

AATON SUPER 16MM CAMERA PACKAGE Rental*
With: Aaton Body with Motor, Hand Grip with Rod and Cable, 15-150 Canon Zoom Lens, two 400' Mags, two On-Board Batteries, Battery Charger, 85 Filter, Sunshade and Carrying Case (Please specify if you need a changing bag - $2.00 charge if renting package $295.00

SMS has this on their website, I wanted to rent the package but has anyone delt with this package before? I don't even know what body they are speaking of. I am guessing one of their older models, but if anyone has any specifics that would be great. Also does anyone have experience with the canon zooms? I have been happy with their higher end still lenses-are their cine-zooms on par with these? Specifically what charicterizes a canon (sorry if the ad is too indescript to tell, I figured someone might have experience with this particular setup) if not I will have to call on it.

Also what is typical for rental insurance? I assume its pretty cheap, like insuring a rental car, but I haven't priced it out yet. I don't typcially have productions of this logistical magnatude. I have to get a package shipped from out of state, which means overnight fed-ex and renting 4 days more than I need it for. does anyone have experience with SMS?

http://www.smsprod.c...ental/16mm.html (about halfway down)

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Wooden Camera

The Slider

CineLab

Paralinx LLC

Opal

Glidecam

Willys Widgets

Ritter Battery

Metropolis Post

Technodolly