Photo

regarding the 10-bit transfer to Lecia..

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Graham

Chris Graham
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Director

Posted 28 July 2006 - 08:26 PM

or whichever brand of Hard Drives, has anybody rented out w/ good results? I have about 8 rolls that I'd like to test using the '10-bit uncompressed' method direct to hard drive. I've been trying to find a thread a while back where someone mentioned a Shadow S8 HD gate transfer, but I can't find the link, and I believe that house transferred to 10-bit as well. Thing is I don't have a BetaCam deck or any deck of some sort, so it's to my convenience to try out the hard drive method.

Edited by ShootStr8, 28 July 2006 - 08:28 PM.

#2 Chris Burke

Chris Burke
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1723 posts
  • Boston, MA

Posted 28 July 2006 - 09:43 PM

or whichever brand of Hard Drives, has anybody rented out w/ good results? I have about 8 rolls that I'd like to test using the '10-bit uncompressed' method direct to hard drive. I've been trying to find a thread a while back where someone mentioned a Shadow S8 HD gate transfer, but I can't find the link, and I believe that house transferred to 10-bit as well. Thing is I don't have a BetaCam deck or any deck of some sort, so it's to my convenience to try out the hard drive method.

I use cinelab and have had great results. Flyingspot has a Shadow with an 8mm gate, they also will do tk to hard drive. I hear great things about them as well. By the way, do you mean LaCie and not Lecia? Never heard of the latter.

chris

#3 Chris Gravat

Chris Gravat
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Student

Posted 28 July 2006 - 09:49 PM

http://www.bonolabs.com

This place requires a deposit for the hard drive. But they do offer uncompressed HD Transfers direct to hard drive.

- Chris Gravat

#4 Chris Graham

Chris Graham
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Director

Posted 28 July 2006 - 10:55 PM

thanks, Chris & Zae. just what I was looking for!

Abel Cine

rebotnix Technologies

Glidecam

Tai Audio

Paralinx LLC

Aerial Filmworks

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Rig Wheels Passport

Willys Widgets

CineTape

CineLab