rbg
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Director
  • Santa Monica

Posted 29 July 2006 - 10:46 PM

Hey,

I'm just wondering if anyone has been using the Movie Tube since the last thread? New info, experiences?
Any examples of stuff shot recently???

Thanx!

RBG

#2 Mitch Gross

Mitch Gross
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2873 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 31 July 2006 - 05:09 PM

We now have both the Movietube LT and the Movietube ST available for sale or rental. I just fitted a huge Pelican case for the ST so that it can travel with a camcorder mounted. It is a very nice system. For those in the New York area, I'll be arranging a seminar soon to compare the Mini35 with the Movietube. I'll post once we have something scheduled.

Anyone who wants to bring a Micro35, Letus35 or other such device is welcome to do so as well. ;-) We just had someone bring in a Letus35 for us to fit a mattebox. We got one to work, but yikes, such a homebrew little device. Those that compare the inexpensive lens adaptors to the professional units would do well to compare mopeds to Mercedes.

#3 Matt Workman

Matt Workman
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • NYC

Posted 31 July 2006 - 09:01 PM

Those that compare the inexpensive lens adaptors to the professional units would do well to compare mopeds to Mercedes.

Ouch! <_<

Keep us updated about the MovieTube/Mini35 demo, I would be very interested.

What do you think the future of 35mm adapters are? They seem to be geared towards smaller 1/3 cameras, although I know there is the pro35.

Are they an intermediate step to something like the Red where digital will natively have the DOF of a super35 camera?

How long do you expect these adapters to be in use? Mostly with smaller independent projects I would imagine?

#4 Mitch Gross

Mitch Gross
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2873 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 01 August 2006 - 01:20 PM

As long as people want to get something big out of something small these adaptors will have a life. In other words, likely forever.

In 2/3" there is currently only the Pro35. A 2/3" version of the Movietube is at least a year away as they concentrate on the initial product.

#5 cinemasia

cinemasia

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 19 August 2006 - 05:41 PM

We now have both the Movietube LT and the Movietube ST available for sale or rental. I just fitted a huge Pelican case for the ST so that it can travel with a camcorder mounted. It is a very nice system. For those in the New York area, I'll be arranging a seminar soon to compare the Mini35 with the Movietube. I'll post once we have something scheduled.

Anyone who wants to bring a Micro35, Letus35 or other such device is welcome to do so as well. ;-) We just had someone bring in a Letus35 for us to fit a mattebox. We got one to work, but yikes, such a homebrew little device. Those that compare the inexpensive lens adaptors to the professional units would do well to compare mopeds to Mercedes.

Any updated plan for the seminar to compare the Mini35 with Movietube?
I'm in NYC (right across the able cine, in fact... ) and would love to see them together...
I own mini35 (with DVX100 set-up)... I can bring mine for the test (or seminar)
...However... I'd like to see them used with HVX200...
I was going to use HVX200+mini35 for the next project, but might switch to Movietube St... if it really produces better image... especially it solves the 'softness' issue of Mini35...

and
I'd love to hear about the movietube (compare to mini35) from people who know/use movietube...

Thanks....

#6 Mitch Gross

Mitch Gross
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2873 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 19 August 2006 - 09:44 PM

As I mentioned on the other thread, we'll have the seminar in the end of September, but anyone who would like to can contact me personally to arrange to come in to the shop to check it out.

Ritter Battery

CineTape

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Willys Widgets

Glidecam

Rig Wheels Passport

The Slider

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

rebotnix Technologies

Tai Audio

Abel Cine

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS