James Wolstenholme

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Other

Posted 30 July 2006 - 03:02 PM

Evening All!

A few week ago i came across a Kinor 16 at a very reasonable price, and in what would appear to be full working order. I purchaced the camera and since have noticed the following:

upon releasing the trigger to stop the camera from running, somtimes it will carry on, and stumble slowly until it eventually stops.

So, a problem with the motor? dodgy russian electronics? or something ive overlooked? the manual isnt really much help as it's in russian!

I dont have any experience with kinor, so any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim

Posted Image

#2 Laurent Andrieux

Laurent Andrieux
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1527 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • France

Posted 30 July 2006 - 03:29 PM

I don't especially know this camera, but there is a lot of chance that it's a contact problem in the trigger itself... You could unmount it, clean it, eventually use a contact cleaner. It may also be its spring. Wipe off the contact cleaner before mounting again. This should be a good starting point as to determine wether its another problem with the motor itself for instance...

#3 Olex Kalynychenko

Olex Kalynychenko
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine

Posted 31 July 2006 - 05:54 AM

Evening All!

A few week ago i came across a Kinor 16 at a very reasonable price, and in what would appear to be full working order. I purchaced the camera and since have noticed the following:

upon releasing the trigger to stop the camera from running, somtimes it will carry on, and stumble slowly until it eventually stops.

So, a problem with the motor? dodgy russian electronics? or something ive overlooked? the manual isnt really much help as it's in russian!

I dont have any experience with kinor, so any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim

Hello Jim.

At first, this is camera can be made at 1990..1992 and, i think, storage of long time without any service.
You need this about full service of camera with adjust of optical parts.

About your problem. I cannot answer you with confidence , because, i not see camera and can not test this.
But. This show like work of system of stoping mirror disk at fixed position.
What long time a " stumble slowly " ? 2-3 sec or 10..20 sec ?
If, this 2-3 sec, this normal.

You press on stop button and electronics to switch on stop mode.
The electronics run procedure of stoping a mirror disk on fixed position. The control of motor set a low speed and read signal from optical sensor of mirror disk. ( position of mirror disk ).
If the disk set on fixed position ( mirror disk set on position for view ) the motor stoped.
If the motor can not stop a mirror disk on fixed position, the motor will turn a mirror disk up to set on fixed position.

If you have more question, you can ask me.
If you will need service of Kinor camera, can ask me too.
I can modify of old russian electronics and set ,modern module with microprocessor speed control with many crystal sych and other technical possibilities.

#4 Matthew Buick

Matthew Buick
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2345 posts
  • Student
  • Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.

Posted 02 August 2006 - 06:41 PM

Hi, how much did this thing cost, and is it quieter than the ARRI 16M ?

#5 James Wolstenholme

James Wolstenholme

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Other

Posted 03 August 2006 - 01:02 PM

thanks for the info, yeah im sure its in desperate need of a service, managed to pick it up for £260 while on a trip to london. The fela i bought it from was keen to sell all his old equipment fast. I couldnt resist. Not sure if its quieter than the arri, only have experience with the aaton 7, and its louder than that.

Jim

#6 Matthew Buick

Matthew Buick
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2345 posts
  • Student
  • Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.

Posted 03 August 2006 - 04:24 PM

Thank you

Glidecam

Rig Wheels Passport