Looking for some help in Philly next week

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ReadyTeddy

ReadyTeddy
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2006 - 02:57 PM

I am working on a self funded documentary on historic ship preservation and I'll be headed to Philly early next week to shoot some stock shots of various mothballed naval vessels and the liner SS United States.

I wanted to do this in 35mm on my Arri 35-2C to maximize the value and potential uses down the road for this footage.

Can't exactly easily "run and gun" solo with 35mm, so I would be interested in some help. I can pay a reasonable daily rate for someone with some AC experience on the Arri, or someone who knows film and might be looking for some run time on a real 35mm camera.

I might also be interested in a DP with a professional video package to shoot some event coverage on Monday the 7th at the Navy Yard.

Message me through the board and let's talk. This is last minute, I know, but there's a story behind the rush. Also more work down the road when I pick up a bit of funding after I've assembled a trailer on this.

#2 Nate Downes

Nate Downes
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1638 posts
  • Florida, USA

Posted 03 August 2006 - 06:53 AM

Sorry it's too short notice or else I'd be interested. But, I do have a day job, so I can't take the time off on such short notice.

#3 Robert Hughes

Robert Hughes
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Sound Department
  • Minneapolis

Posted 03 August 2006 - 08:31 AM

Man, I'd love to work on that. When I drive thru Philly I always look at the SS United States and think what a shame it is, the grand old liner slowly rusting away. I'm down in DC and until 2 days ago was free for next monday. But, as Downix said, it's pretty short notice...

#4 Leon Sanginiti, Jr.

Leon Sanginiti, Jr.

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • Greater Philadelphia Area

Posted 03 August 2006 - 12:41 PM

You can go to my website, www.phillyac.com, to see if I'm what you are looking for. I have to check my schedule, but I may be available for your shoot. Let me know what you need by emailing me at leon@phillyac.com.
Thanks
Leon

#5 Mike Panczenko

Mike Panczenko
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • 2nd Assistant Camera
  • Philadelphia, USA

Posted 03 August 2006 - 05:26 PM

Leon Sanginiti- how you been? I was just about to post suggesting you, but seems that I've been beaten to the punch! How have you been? We need to catch up!

Tai Audio

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Ritter Battery

FJS International, LLC

Paralinx LLC

Metropolis Post

Abel Cine

Glidecam

Wooden Camera

Aerial Filmworks

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Opal