Eddy Robinson

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Sound Department

Posted 04 August 2006 - 03:21 PM

Hi all!

I'm a full-time production sound pro, but since I don't have enough stress in my life I decided to take up directing and shoot my own stuff instead of always waiting around on the other departments :D

I bought a little camcorder and am happy with it, but something was...missing. And so I wound up owning a dead Bealieu R16 a month after I bought the mini-DV camera! Well, being the handy type I cleaned it up, re-celled the external battery, and last night I operated it successfully - and what a thrill it was to run a film camera for the first time in my life. I guess you all know what I mean.

Well, I'll be shooting tests this weekend. The one problem I have is that the screw-hole in teh base is a little large for the screw on my (oldish) tripod, so I'll have to go handheld. There was a washer in it, but the threads were stripped. Any ideas where I might find another one? I think I need to connect a 3/8" screw to a 1/2" hole, but I don't have callipers and the local hardware stores have been unhelpful.

#2 Mike Rizos

Mike Rizos
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Other

Posted 04 August 2006 - 05:35 PM

I assume you don't have the R16 grip because that has both 1/4" and 3/8" holes. You can probably attach the camera directly to the tripod via the 3/8" hole that the grip uses. Since your tripod screw is 1/4" you need the 3/8" to 1/4" adapter. Try calling photographic stores, but make sure they understand what you're looking for before driving over.

Abel Cine

FJS International, LLC

CineLab

Ritter Battery

Visual Products

Willys Widgets

CineTape

rebotnix Technologies

Technodolly

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Rig Wheels Passport

Aerial Filmworks