#1 Roberto Hernandez

Roberto Hernandez
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Student
  • Orlando, Florida

Posted 10 August 2006 - 12:49 AM

Okay so I bought a wide angle lens converter for my Canon XL2. It is a Digital Optics 0.5x Wide Angle Converter Lens with Macro 72mm thread to fit on Canon XL1,2 etc. So I screwed it on the lens but I didn't see any difference, well I saw VERY little difference. So I took it off and unscrewed the macro part from the converter lens and when I held up the wide angle lens part it looked great, I saw a MUCH wider view, only the threads didn't fit on the front of the XL2. The Macro part did fit however and it's great for close up shots but I can't use the wide angle part without the macro. Am I doing something wrong? The threading is much smaller on the wide angle part of the converter. Am I supposed to use it together with the macro because I can't see a difference. To me it looks like they cancel each other out. The only thing I do notice is that it will let me focus on subjects a lot closer to the camera. But the field of view does not change. Please help. :(

#2 Leo Anthony Vale

Leo Anthony Vale
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2010 posts
  • Other
  • Pittsburgh PA

Posted 11 August 2006 - 12:54 PM

Okay so I bought a wide angle lens converter for my Canon XL2. It is a Digital Optics 0.5x Wide Angle Converter Lens with Macro 72mm thread to fit on Canon XL1,2 etc. So I screwed it on the lens but I didn't see any difference, well I saw VERY little difference. So I took it off and unscrewed the macro part from the converter lens and when I held up the wide angle lens part it looked great, I saw a MUCH wider view, only the threads didn't fit on the front of the XL2. The Macro part did fit however and it's great for close up shots but I can't use the wide angle part without the macro. Am I doing something wrong? The threading is much smaller on the wide angle part of the converter. Am I supposed to use it together with the macro because I can't see a difference. To me it looks like they cancel each other out. The only thing I do notice is that it will let me focus on subjects a lot closer to the camera. But the field of view does not change. Please help. :(

http://photography-o...php/t-2436.html

---?---

---LV

Opal

Wooden Camera

Ritter Battery

Glidecam

The Slider

FJS International, LLC

CineLab

Aerial Filmworks

Broadcast Solutions Inc