eclair 35mm camera help needed

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hydrallium

hydrallium
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2006 - 01:06 PM

hi eeverybody. i wonder if somebody can offer some advie.the local film co-op has an old eclair 35mm camera.we have a bunch of shortends and wanted to use the thing.the problem is the equipment guy says it hasnt had a service in a long time and doesnt really want it to go out till it ca get serviced.the next problem is he cant find anybody that knows how to service them.he said that he contacted a local cine house and nobody has any experience doing work on them and they dont have any repair information.any suggestions with what we should do to get it going?

#2 rickeisenstein

rickeisenstein
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2006 - 02:36 AM

hi eeverybody. i wonder if somebody can offer some advie.the local film co-op has an old eclair 35mm camera.we have a bunch of shortends and wanted to use the thing.the problem is the equipment guy says it hasnt had a service in a long time and doesnt really want it to go out till it ca get serviced.the next problem is he cant find anybody that knows how to service them.he said that he contacted a local cine house and nobody has any experience doing work on them and they dont have any repair information.any suggestions with what we should do to get it going?

Optical Electrohouse in Culver City, Ca,
http://www.opticalelectrohouse.com/
They specialize in Eclair Cameras

#3 Nate Downes

Nate Downes
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1638 posts
  • Florida, USA

Posted 16 August 2006 - 09:23 AM

Where are you located? i've cleaned up a few Eclairs in my time.

#4 Hal Smith

Hal Smith
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • OKC area

Posted 16 August 2006 - 10:09 AM

Where are you located? i've cleaned up a few Eclairs in my time.

Showing the value of signing posts with both real names and locations. I sign mine that way, it hasn't helped anything directly yet for me but there will come a day when something good comes my way because I list my name AND location.
To say nothing of the inherent courtesy of respecting the wishes of the Forum Administrator, the top-level working professionals here like David Mullen, et.al.

#5 Dan Horstman

Dan Horstman
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Industry Rep
  • Washington, DC

Posted 16 August 2006 - 10:55 AM

I would check with Bernie O'Doherty. I know he does 16mm Eclairs.

#6 Bernie O'Doherty

Bernie O'Doherty
  • Sustaining Members
  • 232 posts
  • Other
  • Newark Valley, NY

Posted 18 August 2006 - 08:03 PM

I'm an Eclair maniac from way back--worked on these 35mm cameras from the late 60s when they were still being used a lot and still service them with some frequency. Estimates are free, and you can find out more about my work on our Super 16, Inc. site (my fall workshop will also cover the workings of this camera).

Cheers,
Bernie O'Doherty

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Visual Products

Rig Wheels Passport

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Broadcast Solutions Inc

rebotnix Technologies

CineLab

Willys Widgets

FJS International, LLC

Ritter Battery