New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Student
  • Downey CA

Posted 13 August 2006 - 10:37 PM

hello everyone,
I am a newbie, I have learned a lot on this site but this is my first question.

I have been offered a job to shoot some b-roll at running man next week The catch to the shoot is that I would need to use my own equipment (an Aaton LTR with full set of Optar primes). I am mostly concerned about the amount of dust in the desert amidst a virtual stampede of people. Basically, I am trying to figure out how I could maintain the camera, or better yet, if it is even possible to do so. I'm considering renting a good zoom so I wouldn't need to change lens as often and rely on insurance but this too gives me a bad feeling in my stomach. Also, I would keep the camera in a camera rain bag to safeguard it as best as possible. Maybe double layers. I would bring along a single person tent and use this as my makeshift "safety zone" whenever I needed to get into the camera, i.e. change mags, change lens.

The money for this job would be low but it could be a great experience and lead to further connections, I hope. Like I said, I am new to the industry but am trying to shoot as much as possible in order to learn. I just can't decide whether this will be a lesson worth learning.

Also, any cinematographers in Denver area who could use a loyal, honest and hardworking wannabee please let me know, I can be a great asset.

Sincerely,
Donald Mckinnon
Erie CO

Metropolis Post

Tai Audio

The Slider

Rig Wheels Passport

Paralinx LLC

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Abel Cine

Willys Widgets

Technodolly