#1 Roberto Hernandez

Roberto Hernandez
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Student
  • Orlando, Florida

Posted 14 August 2006 - 04:03 AM

I have a short question. In the film Armageddon directed by Michael Bay there are a couple of scenes that were shot by Janusz Kaminski. I was wondering if anyone knew which scenes they were? Some of my favorite shots in that movie were towards the end (chapter 26) when the world is saved and there are some great dramatic slow motion shots from around the world. I thought maybe these could have been shot by Kaminski. Not that John Shwartzman is not a great cinematographer but these scenes looked different enough from the rest of the movie.

#2 David Mullen ASC

David Mullen ASC
  • Sustaining Members
  • 19769 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 14 August 2006 - 12:48 PM

I have a short question. In the film Armageddon directed by Michael Bay there are a couple of scenes that were shot by Janusz Kaminski. I was wondering if anyone knew which scenes they were? Some of my favorite shots in that movie were towards the end (chapter 26) when the world is saved and there are some great dramatic slow motion shots from around the world. I thought maybe these could have been shot by Kaminski. Not that John Shwartzman is not a great cinematographer but these scenes looked different enough from the rest of the movie.

Kaminski mainly shot the Shanghai harbor sequence at night. I don't know what other bits & pieces he might have shot.

Those shots at the end were daytime exterior shots, so I'm not sure why you'd think that Schwartzman couldn't have made them look the way they do. Although more than likely it was some second unit crew travelling around the globe, or even some local cinematographers for some of the countries involved.

Wooden Camera

FJS International, LLC

Paralinx LLC

Willys Widgets

Visual Products

Opal

Aerial Filmworks

Abel Cine

Metropolis Post

The Slider

Tai Audio

Rig Wheels Passport