miki bonet

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Camera Operator
  • barcelona

Posted 14 August 2006 - 07:14 AM

I´m very happy with this little camera, the results in a normal ambient are very good, but there is only one thing I don´t like:
When you shoot a clear line and you rotate a little bit the camera, the diagonal line looks broken, I Know the compression of the DV can be one reason but, with other cameras, like Sony cameras DV, this broken diagonals are not evident.
I try to change in the menu, the detail level to thin, mid, but this not affect very much to solve this problem.

Anybody have a trick or and answer
Thank you

#2 Ben Drickey

Ben Drickey

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 14 August 2006 - 03:54 PM

I´m very happy with this little camera, the results in a normal ambient are very good, but there is only one thing I don´t like:
When you shoot a clear line and you rotate a little bit the camera, the diagonal line looks broken, I Know the compression of the DV can be one reason but, with other cameras, like Sony cameras DV, this broken diagonals are not evident.
I try to change in the menu, the detail level to thin, mid, but this not affect very much to solve this problem.

Anybody have a trick or and answer
Thank you

Sometimes DV has trouble reading very thin lines and will appear 'broken'. Try making a bit softer focus without putting totally out of focus. You will have to barely move the focus ring to see a difference. It is much easier to see on an external monitor than through the LCD or eyepiece.

Ritter Battery

Willys Widgets

Opal

Abel Cine

rebotnix Technologies

Broadcast Solutions Inc

FJS International, LLC

Technodolly

CineLab

CineTape

Glidecam

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS