New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Student
  • Downey CA

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:39 AM

hello everyone,
I have been given an opportunity to shoot b-roll for small independent feature at Burning Man in a couple of weeks and am looking for advice.

I have been a photographer for a number of years and am moving toward cinematography as a career. I recently finished BFA at film school and am taking any work that comes my way. Except, perhaps, the current job that has been offered.

Basically, I have been asked to pick up b-roll at Burning Man and am worried about the dust and sand amidst the virtual stampede of crowds. The job could be a good opportunity for me as it may lead to more work but it requires that I bring along my own equipment( super16mmAaton and set of primes).

I am wondering how I could go about protecting the gear and minimize damage.

I have a couple of plastic rain covers for the camera and could use them to house the camera in. I would bring along a single person tent and set it up as my safe zone when I need to get into the camera, ie. change mags or lens.

But do you think this will be enough? Or do you have any suggestions? Or would I be better off pasing on this job? Like I said, I am fairly new and am trying make my way in the industry but I haven't found a lot of opportunity out this way, Denver CO.

All advice is welcome and I am greatful for any replies.

Also, if anyone knows of any cinematographers in Denver area that need an honest, loyal and hardworking assistant I would be more than happy and greatful for any opportunites.

Thank you for reading the post,
Sincerely,
Donjald Mckinnon

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Ritter Battery

Metropolis Post

Visual Products

Rig Wheels Passport

Abel Cine

New Pro Video - New and Used Equipment

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

CineLab