Joan Baldó

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Digital Image Technician

Posted 14 August 2006 - 03:45 PM

[font=Arial]

:( Firstly... Hello everybody and thanks to the forum admin and the rest of pros to can afford to explain my doubts.

I come from Spain so sorry for my english, I'll try to be as clear and precise as I can.

The thing is that I have to shoot and compose a commercial with two different plates with two different scales:
By one hand I have to shot a man miniature of about 10 inches hight. (As an approximation for you to understand) If I shoot it on ground level the camera will be positioned 3 feet tall over it and describing a circle of 10 feet (more or less) of diameter. Its a circular path throught the camera will be moved alwalls pointing to the figure/puppet. It will be shoot on a XDCAM with a 40mm canon optic (zoom).The 10 inches plastic character will be shoot with some extra miniatures simulating the terrace of a bar in the street
And now comes the best; the following plate has to be composed over the miniatures one to simulate the interaction between a real woman and a "plastic" man. This woman has to be shooted (against green chroma background) with the same visual perspective and following the same path (circular) and my questions are these:
- Different filming speed to shoot different scales is required? if it is, what is the formula to calculate it? (XD-CAM maximum speed is 60 frames p/s, enough?)
- In the miniature shoot I'll complete the full circle in 30 seconds (is the time of the spot) so... to mach the angular camera speed for the woman shoot (a more much bigger circle) is only a math question, isn't it? any other factor to be considered on this?
- How can I place the camera (measurements) to shoot the woman and mach the perspective perfectly? any trick or lenses option to avoid to have to build a 90 feet high aerial scaffold to can move the camera through?? Some sketch or link would be also fantastic!!

I need to know every this to be able to configure a budgeg to the client so please give me a hand.

Thanks very much,
Joan Baldó

(Sorry for my english)

Willys Widgets

Metropolis Post

Broadcast Solutions Inc

CineTape

Abel Cine

Wooden Camera

Ritter Battery

Tai Audio

Visual Products