CamillE Bacos

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Director

Posted 15 August 2006 - 04:34 PM

Hi there,

I need your advise, please. I have a Sony FX1 & I need to purchase a decent mic for it. I prefer a shotgun mic. What kind do you recommend?
I was thinking of Sennheiser MKE 300. Does somebody use it?
I need it in order to take a couple of interviews. Will be inside & in the quite small location.
Or, can you give me other options, please?

Thank YOU!

Best from WI,

camillE

#2 Mr Geo

Mr Geo

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Student

Posted 15 August 2006 - 04:42 PM

Hi there,

I need your advise, please. I have a Sony FX1 & I need to purchase a decent mic for it. I prefer a shotgun mic. What kind do you recommend?
I need it in order to take a couple of interviews. Will be inside & in the quite small location.

Thank YOU!

Best from WI,

camillE

Why not try sure lapel microphones?

#3 Karl Lohninger

Karl Lohninger
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Sound Department

Posted 16 August 2006 - 12:06 AM

What kind of shots are you doing? Why do you prefer a shotgun? The general problem with your situation is that the microphone mounted on top of the camera is in the wrong place and except when shooting close ups will always sound kind of bad.....

A 'shot-gun' mike also tends to render audio not coming from the front but from the sides rather phasey - I would therefore suggest to use a hypercardiod microphone. The Sennheiser MKE series more or less sucks and is NOT worth the money. Decent and affordable microphones can be found in the audio-technica 40 series. Pick the hypercardiod model and you'll be happy.

best, Karl

Hi there,

Thank YOU!

Best from WI,

camillE

#4 CamillE Bacos

CamillE Bacos

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Director

Posted 16 August 2006 - 09:55 AM

Thank YOU for your replay.
I will shot in a not very easy situation. I know that sounds familiar? In my case, it is a very tiny house, where every part is transformed in a piece of art. Collages, drawings on a walls, sculptures made from junk. My subject is a hermit. A crazy artist but also a person who can?t function normal when he ?s surrounded by people. He accepted me to shot & interview him in his house. But I know that he will not be able to handle that for too long time. I need to move fast & I will be by myself. I might have a friend helping me. But he?s not a film person. I have a FX1 which doesn't have XLR input & I try to figure out an economic way to handle this situation & obtain a good material with technical decent results.

I will check the mics that you?re suggested. If you have more advises, let me know please! I deeply appreciate all the inputs.

camillE

Wooden Camera

CineLab

FJS International, LLC

Aerial Filmworks

The Slider

Glidecam

rebotnix Technologies

Tai Audio

Visual Products

Willys Widgets

Rig Wheels Passport