#1 Michael Collier

Michael Collier
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1262 posts
  • Gaffer
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 16 August 2006 - 11:23 PM

I found an old VHS of a movie I did when I was 15 or 16. I hadn't seen it in years so I popped it in and watched it. I had to laugh just watching it, at the campy attempt at real drama. I got to thinking it would be funny to see projects other people did when they were kids. Especially the more prominent members on this forum.

If anybody has a link to a short that was made when they were young post a link to it here. I am working on mine to get it online, so you guys can see it.

#2 Adam White

Adam White
  • Sustaining Members
  • 135 posts
  • Other

Posted 17 August 2006 - 10:06 AM

I found an old VHS of a movie I did when I was 15 or 16. I hadn't seen it in years so I popped it in and watched it. I had to laugh just watching it, at the campy attempt at real drama. I got to thinking it would be funny to see projects other people did when they were kids. Especially the more prominent members on this forum.

If anybody has a link to a short that was made when they were young post a link to it here. I am working on mine to get it online, so you guys can see it.

A cracking idea! Even though most of my current stuff is still "Campy Ham" there are some early efforts that will. . . um. . . generate a response. . .

#3 Adam Frisch FSF

Adam Frisch FSF
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2009 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, USA

Posted 17 August 2006 - 11:22 AM

I toyed with the idea years ago to have a 'worst of'-segment on my showreel just to poke a bit of fun at myself, but in the end I decided against it. You never know who you might offend or upset, besides most probably wouldn't understand you were trying to be funny and just think you're a poop DP for including it.

#4 Graham Cantwell

Graham Cantwell

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Director
  • Dublin, Ireland

Posted 18 August 2006 - 05:23 AM

I had a wrap party not too long ago and decided to give the cast and crew a laugh by screening a few bits of old stuff I'd shot that was frankly appaling.

When we screened it there were a few titters and people got the joke, but after a bit of time they started moving nervously in their chairs and a lot of them got that look in their eye, you know the one that says "What the hell am I doing working with this guy?".

We cut the screening short and I've never made the mistake again. I have a ton of stuff that will never see the light of day. God forbid anyone gets their hands on it. :o

Wooden Camera

Metropolis Post

Technodolly

Paralinx LLC

Willys Widgets

Glidecam

Visual Products

Broadcast Solutions Inc

The Slider

Opal

Tai Audio

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS