super8 negative to pos prints

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shutter bug

shutter bug
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2006 - 06:33 AM

i was speaking to a guy that was setting up an optical printer. hes going to be offering printing services of many kinds in std8,s8 and 16mm.

i think the first setup hes looking at is super8 negative to 16mm print for a really cheap price (hes getting a ton of cheap print film).

im just wondering if people would actually be interested in such a service. i think ill try it out myself.

#2 Dan Horstman

Dan Horstman
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Industry Rep
  • Washington, DC

Posted 18 August 2006 - 10:24 AM

i was speaking to a guy that was setting up an optical printer. hes going to be offering printing services of many kinds in std8,s8 and 16mm.

i think the first setup hes looking at is super8 negative to 16mm print for a really cheap price (hes getting a ton of cheap print film).

im just wondering if people would actually be interested in such a service. i think ill try it out myself.

Here at Colorlab, we've had maybe 2 requests in the last year for 16mm prints from Super 8.

#3 Marty Hamrick

Marty Hamrick
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Oshawa, Ontario

Posted 19 August 2006 - 11:15 AM

Here at Colorlab, we've had maybe 2 requests in the last year for 16mm prints from Super 8.

I would be curious to know who the clients were.I think the last time I did something for a 16mm film distribution was about 1986.

I would be curious to know who the clients were.I think the last time I did something for a 16mm film distribution was about 1986.

The Slider

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Opal

Ritter Battery

Aerial Filmworks

Rig Wheels Passport

rebotnix Technologies

CineLab

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Tai Audio

Metropolis Post