#1 skaterat50

skaterat50

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Other

Posted 18 August 2006 - 06:58 PM

i was trying to find some place to process 16mm black and white and was hoping for advice on good labs being from oklahoma all places ive called locally have laughed, i am struggling finding a lab so i was considering trying it my self thanks.

#2 Charles MacDonald

Charles MacDonald
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1157 posts
  • Other
  • Stittsville Ontario Canada

Posted 18 August 2006 - 07:33 PM

i was trying to find some place to process 16mm black and white and was hoping for advice on good labs being from oklahoma all places.

Try blackandwhitefilmfactory.com in toronto. - worth the trip. You will probaly have more luck looking for labs in places where there are film production.

#3 Dan Horstman

Dan Horstman
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Industry Rep
  • Washington, DC

Posted 21 August 2006 - 10:43 AM

We can process B/W Negative here at Colorlab. We can also process B/W Reversal as a negative film. You will then need a work print or video transfer to have a positive to work with.

Dan

#4 John Pytlak RIP

John Pytlak RIP

(deceased)

• Sustaining Members
  • 3499 posts
  • Industry Rep
  • Rochester, NY 14650-1922

Posted 21 August 2006 - 12:36 PM

Kodak has an on-line directory of labs, listing the processing services they provide:

http://www.kodak.com.../....4.17&lc=en

Note the information in the directory is based on information provided by each lab, so ask them to update with Kodak if the information is wrong:

http://www.kodak.com.../....17.4&lc=en

#5 Cohen Phillips

Cohen Phillips
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Director
  • Califorina

Posted 22 August 2006 - 03:11 AM

I'm in the mid-west and there are no film labs around for B&W let alone anything else! :lol: So I know where you're coming from. I've had good luck with Pac Lab in NY for my B&W Reversal stuff. Always nice and a good price. :) If your shooting negative, CineLab is the answer. ;)

#6 Michael Collier

Michael Collier
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1262 posts
  • Gaffer
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 22 August 2006 - 04:29 AM

I'm from alaska so I have been there. Currently I am endorsing Colorlab. Keep in mind I am prepping my first 16mm but service rendered when there is no money I feel is a great indicator. The labs that told me to F-off (figurativley speaking) when I ask for advice are the ones that probably don't care about you until you have 10 miles to proccess.

Color Lab (from the help Horstman has given, along with several other employees out there) before I even sent them a foot a film shows to me at least they are concerned with all their clients needs, not just the big fish. There were some other good labs around. Alpha cine in seattle was awsome, but colorlab definatley gave the help a newbie needed to feel comfortable (and prices matched my light wallet)

So dan, you got 4200 feet of space ready October 24th? Cause I am telling you a cinematic masterpiece will be working its way through your machines ;) well, to quote garth algar 'I just hope you don't think it sucks'

#7 Will Montgomery

Will Montgomery
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2030 posts
  • Producer
  • Dallas, TX

Posted 22 August 2006 - 01:44 PM

I'm from alaska so I have been there.

Have you tried Forde Labs in Seattle? They can handle B&W neg & reversal, Color Reversal (7285, 7280) and color negative of course. Super 8, 16mm and 35mm. I shoot Super 8 and S16 in all types of stock and use them when I have Super 8 or non color negative stocks.

There's a great lab in Dallas called "The Lab @ Video Post & Transfer." They've done a good job many times for me and they are very responsive to questions. Only color negative 16 & 35 though.

Fordelabs

The Lab @ Video Post & Transfer

#8 Dan Horstman

Dan Horstman
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Industry Rep
  • Washington, DC

Posted 22 August 2006 - 03:11 PM

I'm from alaska so I have been there. Currently I am endorsing Colorlab. Keep in mind I am prepping my first 16mm but service rendered when there is no money I feel is a great indicator. The labs that told me to F-off (figurativley speaking) when I ask for advice are the ones that probably don't care about you until you have 10 miles to proccess.

Color Lab (from the help Horstman has given, along with several other employees out there) before I even sent them a foot a film shows to me at least they are concerned with all their clients needs, not just the big fish. There were some other good labs around. Alpha cine in seattle was awsome, but colorlab definatley gave the help a newbie needed to feel comfortable (and prices matched my light wallet)

So dan, you got 4200 feet of space ready October 24th? Cause I am telling you a cinematic masterpiece will be working its way through your machines ;) well, to quote garth algar 'I just hope you don't think it sucks'

Thanks for the nice review of our customer service. I'll pass it on to Jake and Kevin.

We are ready for your project.

Unfortunately I won't be here to see the film when it comes in. I'm moving out to LA to try and sell some scripts the first week in October. But Kevin and Jake will take good care of you. I'll still be checking in here on the boards regularly and trying to answer as many questions as I can...but my profile won't say Industry Rep anymore.

Dan

Ritter Battery

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Opal

Technodolly

Visual Products

Metropolis Post

The Slider

Paralinx LLC

Willys Widgets

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Abel Cine