Photo

Looking for creative partner / DP (Los Angeles/Hollywood)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Shawn S

Shawn S

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Other
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 20 August 2006 - 08:53 PM

I want to make a video for a contest I know of. It's a contest to make a video for a music track from a composer. There are a dozen tracks to choose one from for this contest. I myself am a editor/producer and would like to find a creative DP (preferably with camera but if you are artistic and creative then we can get one if needed) to collaborate on ideas and spend a weekend shooting. I can help get some more crew if needed. I want a good quality but artistic piece. As for camera I am thinking nothing less then prosumer 3 chip cameras. So please have experience in such cameras, like the DVX100, XL1/2, and up. Please know what you are doing when it comes to lighting (using natural or lights), camera settings and composition.

I don't mind working with someone just out of film school or someone already working. There is NO PAY (unless we win the contest) so I am thinking shooting on a weekend and collaborating over a couple weeks of editing. If I can find the right DP we can go in on this together and split anything if this film is a winner. I would admit that the prizes seem nice but I am also in it for fun and to make new contacts. I'm already working in post production of prime time cable TV shows and DVD's and have some contacts that I can maybe help you with if this all works out.

As far as the music we will be creating something for, think acoustic, artsy, Sigur Ros, Coldplay, Death Cab For Cutie. If you are interested please send me a link with your reel if you have one and anything else you want to include. If I think we will work good together I will send you a link to listen to the songs and the contest info. We can then collaborate on ideas. I live in Hollywood so someone the closer the better but it doesn't really matter if you are the right one. I will be taking this seriously but mostly want to have some fun with it. We only have until the end of October.

Look forward to hearing from some DP/Camera opps with a creative side. Thanks for checking out this post.
-Shawn
shawn@filmpost.tv

Technodolly

Abel Cine

Rig Wheels Passport

CineLab

The Slider

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Glidecam

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Tai Audio

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS