#1 Albert Smith

Albert Smith
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Chicago

Posted 23 August 2006 - 03:32 PM

Hi, ok so yea i shot a project in squeeze on the dvx, basically just so I could edit in an anamorphic timeline and export out to true 16:9 easier. But by accident I shot one take in the letterbox mode (I use that to check composition cause I just hate looking at that squeezed frame). I can I integreate that clip into the timeline....I tried to just upsizing it, but there is a noticable diffrence in quality....which from a technical standpoint doesnt make sense since they are both the same resolution still......so yea, anyone know what to do here?

thanks!

-Jake

#2 Albert Smith

Albert Smith
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Chicago

Posted 24 August 2006 - 01:35 AM

Hi, ok so yea i shot a project in squeeze on the dvx, basically just so I could edit in an anamorphic timeline and export out to true 16:9 easier. But by accident I shot one take in the letterbox mode (I use that to check composition cause I just hate looking at that squeezed frame). I can I integreate that clip into the timeline....I tried to just upsizing it, but there is a noticable diffrence in quality....which from a technical standpoint doesnt make sense since they are both the same resolution still......so yea, anyone know what to do here?
thanks!
-Jake

sorry---moderators I did not realize this was not for post production stuff, please feel free to delete this thread

FJS International, LLC

Willys Widgets

CineTape

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Ritter Battery

Technodolly

Visual Products

Aerial Filmworks

Opal

The Slider

Abel Cine

Glidecam