Critiques and Support Needed

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Paul Wizikowski

Paul Wizikowski
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2006 - 02:37 PM

Fellow forumites,

A music video I shot earlier this year has been added to the MTV show "The Freshman" and while that is good and all, this show allows viewers to vote on five videos, the winner of which gets added to the main MTV rotation! The video I did is called "MySpace" by "Eleventy Seven".
Here is a link;

http://www.mtvu.com/music/freshmen/

While I would really like support, by you voting as many times as you can/will, I would also like your thoughts on its production elements.

This was shot S16 on an older Aaton XTR (I believe thats right, its old and unmarked and was donated by an out-of-town DP), on Kodak Vision2 500T 7218, with older Nikon SLR prime lenses and a 9-150 zoom (don't remember the manufacturer). Except for the wides this was all handheld, with a couple passes handheld on dolly.

This was really my first opportunity to DP as a DP would. I often am in that position on extreme low end projects with little gear or personnel and I find it harder to define myself with that title in those projects. However with this one, I came up with the lighting schemes before hand, I metered it, directed the crew and so on. This was also my first time exposing film.

FYI: This video will only be up for voting through the end of this week.

Thoughts?

FJS International, LLC

The Slider

CineTape

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Metropolis Post

CineLab

Glidecam

Visual Products

Wooden Camera

Technodolly

Broadcast Solutions Inc