Photo

BNR Mount Zeiss 1.3-Same as Super Speeds?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sebastian Andexer

Sebastian Andexer
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Other
  • San Antonio, Texas

Posted 29 August 2006 - 01:53 PM

Were shooting a short with some older Zeiss 1.3 lenses that are BNR mount with a PL adapter. Im assuming these are like Zeiss super speeds (or are they?? cant find much info). Im going to rent a LMB-5 4x5.65 2 stage matte box and Arris studio FF and want to make sure that it will fit. Sorry for the newb question but I cant get ahold of my ac's or dp and need to book this stuff today.

#2 Stephen Williams

Stephen Williams
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4708 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Europe

Posted 29 August 2006 - 02:06 PM

Were shooting a short with some older Zeiss 1.3 lenses that are BNR mount with a PL adapter. Im assuming these are like Zeiss super speeds (or are they?? cant find much info). Im going to rent a LMB-5 4x5.65 2 stage matte box and Arris studio FF and want to make sure that it will fit. Sorry for the newb question but I cant get ahold of my ac's or dp and need to book this stuff today.

Hi,

Normally its very difficult to mount BNCR lenses with a PL mount adapter. The lenses possibly could be machined for both mounts at the same time. Probably MK 1 Superspeeds with 3 iris blades. I am sure the FF focus will work and the matte box can be made to fit.

Stephen

#3 Jon Kukla

Jon Kukla
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Other

Posted 30 August 2006 - 05:14 AM

Hi,

Normally its very difficult to mount BNCR lenses with a PL mount adapter. The lenses possibly could be machined for both mounts at the same time. Probably MK 1 Superspeeds with 3 iris blades. I am sure the FF focus will work and the matte box can be made to fit.

Stephen

Both mounts at the same time? Their diameters and flange focal distances are considerably different.

#4 Stephen Williams

Stephen Williams
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4708 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Europe

Posted 30 August 2006 - 05:37 AM

Both mounts at the same time? Their diameters and flange focal distances are considerably different.

Hi,

Yes the PL is smaller with shorter FFL so yes it is possible! I saw an 85mm converted, doubt it would be worth paying for but as a home science project......

Stephen

Technodolly

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Tai Audio

Abel Cine

Paralinx LLC

CineLab

Broadcast Solutions Inc

FJS International, LLC

Visual Products

Glidecam

Metropolis Post