Photo

questino about hiring a DP for one episode (JVC HD100U camera)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Raymond O'Neil

Raymond O'Neil
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Other
  • New York, NY

Posted 29 August 2006 - 03:00 PM

I have to shoot an upcoming episode here in NYC in couple of weeks and I am thinking about hiring a DP for consultation and maybe hands-on involvement. I am wondering if it makes sense to do this. I would like to hire an experienced DP as this episode is very important in the film.

I am not sure if a proposition to work on one episode would offend an experienced DP? My problem of course is financial, otherwise I would not think twice about hiring a DP for the whole film.

Most of the film I shot myself and I am not too dissatisfied with the results, albeit a professional DP would make a world's difference, especially someone who knows how to operate JVC HD100U camera. I am pretty much confused by all the film to DVD and film-out options, so I am just shooting intuitively as it suits the condition of teh day and as a scene requires, etc. Well, sorry for digression, so back to the main question. What do you guys think?

Also, what is the best way to look for a DP? Post to classifieds in this forum? Craigslist?

Thanks much

#2 Joseph Carney

Joseph Carney
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Director
  • Northern VA

Posted 03 September 2006 - 01:57 PM

Mandys is usually better than craiglist, but no reason you can't post on both. You might have a better time finding one on Mandy.com without having to post a job offer. Lots of talent in NYC to choose from.

Edited by Joe Carney Sr, 03 September 2006 - 02:00 PM.

Rig Wheels Passport

Visual Products

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Metropolis Post

CineTape

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

CineLab

Aerial Filmworks

Paralinx LLC

Wooden Camera

Opal

Abel Cine