night photography!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rajavel

rajavel
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2006 - 02:04 PM

hi all
i am gonna be shooting ad. Night interior of a house (which has lot of table lamps and other practicals)this is the first time i am gonna be shooting an ad using a HD camera. i believe the HD
is highly sensitive...so do i really need to extra light the place.? if so what kind of set up would u suggst?
it will be one steadycam shot leading from room to room...to the bedroom....to see a person sitting on a sofa....

and which is the best of HD camera's to go for. rental cost is no problem. final out is only for TV telecast so...no worry about cinematic projection.

thanks.cheers!

Edited by rajavel, 30 August 2006 - 02:05 PM.

#2 John Pytlak RIP

John Pytlak RIP

(deceased)

• Sustaining Members
  • 3499 posts
  • Industry Rep
  • Rochester, NY 14650-1922

Posted 30 August 2006 - 02:58 PM

hi all
i am gonna be shooting ad. Night interior of a house (which has lot of table lamps and other practicals)this is the first time i am gonna be shooting an ad using a HD camera. i believe the HD
is highly sensitive...so do i really need to extra light the place.? if so what kind of set up would u suggst?
it will be one steadycam shot leading from room to room...to the bedroom....to see a person sitting on a sofa....

and which is the best of HD camera's to go for. rental cost is no problem. final out is only for TV telecast so...no worry about cinematic projection.

thanks.cheers!

Are you saying that you intend to shoot using only existing "practicals", rather than trying to control the lighting and the lighting contrast? What light levels (footcandles) do you have in that location?

The biggest issue you might face is not one of light level, but controlling the lighting contrast so those practicals don't clip in video. With only the practicals, you are likely to lose any details in the highlights like lampshades.

#3 Mitch Gross

Mitch Gross
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2873 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 30 August 2006 - 03:17 PM

Where are you located?

Glidecam

Wooden Camera

Paralinx LLC

Metropolis Post