• Sustaining Members
  • 698 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 31 August 2006 - 02:32 AM

Specs:
Kodak Vision2 200T 7217
Processed at Super8 Sound
Transferred at Spectra Film and Video (unsupervised)
Shot with Nikon R10 (18fps)

I shot this at the park across the street from my apartment at sunset, caught a lot of sunflare, etc.
I like to keep the 'mistakes' in.

The music features an old friend of mine, Kevin Moore, who has a couple of projects. This song is called Standby (looks like rain). The band is O.S.I. and features Mike Portnoy (of Dream Theater) on drums. Kevin also was a member of Dream Theater. His other project is called "Chroma Key" which is very atmospheric.

I think the flaws work with the music but I'll be interested to see what you guys think. This is not something being used by the band, I just wanted to fool around with my new camera.

Thanks

#2 Gareth Munden

Gareth Munden
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • London UK

Posted 31 August 2006 - 03:58 AM

Specs:
Kodak Vision2 200T 7217

I shot this at the park across the street from my apartment at sunset, caught a lot of sunflare, etc.

The music features an old friend of mine, Kevin Moore, who has a couple of projects. This song is called Standby (looks like rain). The band is O.S.I. and features Mike Portnoy (of Dream Theater) on drums. Kevin also was a member of Dream Theater. His other project is called "Chroma Key" which is very atmospheric.

I think the flaws work with the music but I'll be interested to see what you guys think. This is not something being used by the band, I just wanted to fool around with my new camera.
Thanks

I liked the flare, nice work.

#3 Chris Burke

Chris Burke
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1675 posts
  • Boston, MA

Posted 31 August 2006 - 06:34 AM

Specs:
Kodak Vision2 200T 7217

Thanks

after many tries, the link is not working for me. Can you provide another?

chris

#4 Bill Totolo

Bill Totolo
  • Sustaining Members
  • 698 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 01 September 2006 - 02:48 AM

Here's a link to the video on YouTube.

#5 Jon Lohne

Jon Lohne
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Other

Posted 29 January 2007 - 01:40 AM

Specs:
Kodak Vision2 200T 7217

Thanks

Specs:
Kodak Vision2 200T 7217

Thanks

Nice shots, I wouldn't have recycled them in that short of a video though.

#6 Bill Totolo

Bill Totolo
  • Sustaining Members
  • 698 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 29 January 2007 - 03:06 AM

Nice shots, I wouldn't have recycled them in that short of a video though.

Ha! You know what it's like, you shoot a roll of film with your new camera and you get excited.
That was the only roll I shot that day.

#7 Howard Phillips

Howard Phillips
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Digital Image Technician

Posted 03 February 2007 - 04:30 PM

Specs:
Kodak Vision2 200T 7217

Thanks

Some mighty sweet-looking Super-8, that's for sure! Great transfer. The footage is very pretty (and I don't mean that sarcastically!), the ultra-colors don't exactly bring to mind thoughts or impressions of rain, though. Maybe too many years in New England, but the visuals are a bit "up" and buoyant for a moody song referring to rain...But the footage looks so great, what the hey! Really nice, thanks for sharing.

hp

#8 Matthew Buick

Matthew Buick
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2345 posts
  • Student
  • Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.

Posted 10 February 2007 - 07:11 PM

Very nice, Super 8 looks incredible if you do it right. :D

It's makes me proud that I am on the good side.

CineTape

Rig Wheels Passport

Glidecam

CineLab

Metropolis Post

FJS International, LLC

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Paralinx LLC

Aerial Filmworks

The Slider

Opal