#1 dcdirector

dcdirector

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 31 August 2006 - 11:43 PM

Hello, I'm shooting a short film and the producer's have decided to use the varicam. I've never used it, but have shot with HVX-200. I have heard that it the two cameras are miles apart in regards to menu options. Does anyone have scene file settings that they can show me in regards to shooting during daytime? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 Ash Greyson

Ash Greyson
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Director
  • Tulsa, OK

Posted 01 September 2006 - 11:56 PM

Hello, I'm shooting a short film and the producer's have decided to use the varicam. I've never used it, but have shot with HVX-200. I have heard that it the two cameras are miles apart in regards to menu options. Does anyone have scene file settings that they can show me in regards to shooting during daytime? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shoot me an email and I will send you some settings to load onto your SD card. Dont be too intimidated, tha hardest thing is navigating the menus, you can get pretty lost in the advanced ones. I recommend using the setup file converter to adjust settings rather than trying to do it in camera. You also may need it to adjust the settings for different models, you can get it here:

https://eww.pavc.pan.../aj-hdc27h.html

Lastly, if you can find it... get Goodman's Guide, it is INVALUABLE for even the most skilled Vari shooters.

ash =o) AshG@ashVID.com

CineTape

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Opal

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Abel Cine

Glidecam

Paralinx LLC

Ritter Battery

Metropolis Post

Visual Products

The Slider