Photo

Question concerning the K-3 and k3camera.com..

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 s. amed hussaini

s. amed hussaini
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Student

Posted 02 September 2006 - 01:42 AM

Hey everyone. Great forum... you guys really seem to know your stuff. Friendly too. Killer combination.

Anyhow, I'm looking into getting the "infamous" krasnogorsk-3. I've flirted with attempting to procure one through Ebay, but I'm incredibly apprehensive about it. Instead, I think I'm going to buy one from someone who specializes in them.

So.. then, anyone purchase one from k3camera.com? This guy sells package deals that include a K-3 converted to S16 for 900 bucks. This is roughly triple the cost of the average ebay "vanilla" k-3, without the worry of accidently picking up a dud. I'm just curious if anyone here has used these specific k-3's from this guy, and if so, whats the quality like? does everything line up? any snags?

In fact, if you know of any reputable dealer that sells converted S16mm cameras, I'd love to hear about those as well (sync, or no sync).

I rented "Bad Taste" this evening, Peter Jackson's initial foray into filmmaking.. shot on 16, dubbed sound.. it was great! It inspired me!

#2 Sir Alvin Ekarma

Sir Alvin Ekarma
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Director

Posted 02 September 2006 - 09:51 AM

Hey everyone. Great forum... you guys really seem to know your stuff. Friendly too. Killer combination.
Anyhow, I'm looking into getting the "infamous" krasnogorsk-3. I've flirted with attempting to procure one through Ebay, but I'm incredibly apprehensive about it. Instead, I think I'm going to buy one from someone who specializes in them.

If you get one off Ebay, they can be found to load perfectly well out of the box ( or so I am told). If it doesn't, you can try removing the plastic loop formers using info from the k3 site. If that doesn't work, Du-all could do an upgrade and remove the loop formers and tweak the whole film loading setup to make sure it doesn't chew up the film. Email Du-all www.du-all.com for a quote and you can get a better idea of the ball park costs if that turns out to be the case.

#3 Olex Kalynychenko

Olex Kalynychenko
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine

Posted 02 September 2006 - 11:37 AM

So.. then, anyone purchase one from k3camera.com? This guy sells package deals that include a K-3 converted to S16 for 900 bucks. This is roughly triple the cost of the average ebay "vanilla" k-3, without the worry of accidently picking up a dud. I'm just curious if anyone here has used these specific k-3's from this guy, and if so, whats the quality like? does everything line up? any snags?

If you ready pay $900 for 16 mm camera, i recommend to check information about Kinor-6 SX-2M camera.
The information about technical sides of Kinor-16 camera you can see on forum or on my pages and compare with K-3 camera.

The price of $900 for Super 16 camera show a some funny.
I have not full information about modification of K3 camera.com, that's why, this can be my supposition only.
I think, they modification of film gate only.
The more high level of modification with re-centerring of lens mount, ground glass, modift of film rolles can have a more high price.
The original zoom lens of K-3 camera Meteor-5 17-69mm will cover Super 16 film gate at 35..69 mm only and misalignment of optical axis of lens and film gate can give you back corners on picture from one side. That's why, you will need use photo lenses for cover of Super 16 film gate.

Super 16- professional film standard, and you can begin from " academy 16 " format.
On future, if you will shoot a professional footages for TV, you can use Super 16 cameras.

#4 Kirk Anderson

Kirk Anderson
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Other

Posted 02 September 2006 - 10:51 PM

I just sold one this morning on this forum and have one left. It's a great M42, plus I have an extra pentacon 50mm lens and a vivitar 35mm fixed lens to go with the zoom. The camera package is a steal at $150 plus shipping, $190 plus shipping with the extra lenses, the lenses alone for for $60 a piece or more on ebay. At that price you can have Olex remove the loop formers and convert it, or buy a super 16 gate from New york. And as you can see by my number or posts I'm not a scammer. Just a kid with a camera collection problem. You can paypal me the money and I'll send it out first thing on tuesday, because of the holiday....or else on wednesday it goes on ebay.
thanks!
kirk
http://sfbay.craigsl.../201540364.html

#5 s. amed hussaini

s. amed hussaini
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Student

Posted 03 September 2006 - 02:36 AM

I just sold one this morning on this forum and have one left. It's a great M42, plus I have an extra pentacon 50mm lens and a vivitar 35mm fixed lens to go with the zoom. The camera package is a steal at $150 plus shipping, $190 plus shipping with the extra lenses, the lenses alone for for $60 a piece or more on ebay. At that price you can have Olex remove the loop formers and convert it, or buy a super 16 gate from New york. And as you can see by my number or posts I'm not a scammer. Just a kid with a camera collection problem. You can paypal me the money and I'll send it out first thing on tuesday, because of the holiday....or else on wednesday it goes on ebay.
thanks!
kirk
http://sfbay.craigsl.../201540364.html

Just a few hours too late I'm afraid. However, I'd be interested in taking those lenses off you, though I'm not sure you'd be willing to break up what appears to be a great package deal..

#6 Kirk Anderson

Kirk Anderson
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Other

Posted 03 September 2006 - 11:44 AM

That may be possible, I have someone coming by today to see the package and if they don't want them, I'll PM you.
Good luck!
kirk

#7 Kirk Anderson

Kirk Anderson
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Other

Posted 03 September 2006 - 07:07 PM

Sold my last K3 sold today so, I'm now officially an Arri man only. Sold everything to my buy my arri s, and now I got the cash for a sync motor and a magazine. Thanks for everything guys and I hope you get good use of my trusty cameras.
Kirk

Glidecam

The Slider

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Aerial Filmworks

Opal

Willys Widgets

CineLab

Wooden Camera

Visual Products

Rig Wheels Passport

rebotnix Technologies