#1 Lucian Horrobin

Lucian Horrobin

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Other

Posted 02 September 2006 - 06:23 AM

Hi, im looking for an anamorphic c mount lens, i know panavision make them, its 600 a day to rent one in australia, are there any cheaper options and i've seen all the iso-vista-nasta-bla-bla conversions. ive been looking for a while and cant seem to find anything appropriate. any help would be muchly appreciated.

i might be crazy though i actually want to use this on an 8mm, wrong forum i know though i figure this would be the place to ask as very few 8mm cameras actually take c mounts.

thanks alot..

im finding alot of things like this on ebay, though no one seems to be able to tell me what they mount to.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

#2 Bernhard Zitz

Bernhard Zitz
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Other
  • Z├╝rich, Switzerland

Posted 02 September 2006 - 08:52 AM

the lens you saw on ebay is an adapter usualy for use on projectors. The 16c is just the name of the lens, it's NOT a c-mount, it's a adapter. It can be used for filming putting it in front your camera-lens.

with an anamorphic-adapter you need to pull focus twice, on the camera-lens and on the adapter

such adapters work best on prime-lenses; with zooms you can't go very wide-angle

So far the Kowa 16H (8Z) gave me best results of the apters I tried.

If you google a little you'll find some advice on Super-8 Sites

#3 Leo Anthony Vale

Leo Anthony Vale
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2010 posts
  • Other
  • Pittsburgh PA

Posted 02 September 2006 - 11:28 AM

Hi, im looking for an anamorphic c mount lens, i know panavision make them, its 600 a day to rent one in australia, are there any cheaper options and i've seen all the iso-vista-nasta-bla-bla conversions. ive been looking for a while and cant seem to find anything appropriate. any help would be muchly appreciated.

Panavision does not make C-mount anamorphic lenses.
Might you be thinking of the Series C lenses? They are not C-mount, but 35mm PV mount.

In the 50s they marketed an attachment for 16mm called Superama. Like the Sankor 16C it was an attachment to be mounted in front of a camera or projector lens.

im finding alot of things like this on ebay, though no one seems to be able to tell me what they mount to.

Everything that you'll find for 16mm or super8 will be an attachment and thus have to be mounted in front of your camera lens with a bracket or adaptor ring.
Chances are you'll need a bracket custom built for your camera.
Take B.Zitz's advice about looking for Super8 sites.

#4 jacob thomas

jacob thomas
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Other

Posted 03 September 2006 - 03:22 PM

Schneider made a 10mm 1.5X iscorama for the late model Beaulieus it came with the auto iris box like the other lenses for the 6008/7008/9008 cameras.

It is a very rare lens. I can't find a picture of it but it does/did exist, it is mentioned on a number of super 8 websites and I saw a photo of it online a few years ago.

Visual Products

Wooden Camera

Tai Audio

The Slider

Willys Widgets

Broadcast Solutions Inc

rebotnix Technologies

Metropolis Post

FJS International, LLC

Opal

Ritter Battery

Gamma Ray Digital Inc