Laurenls to Davd Mullen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 David Lawrence

David Lawrence
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2006 - 01:57 PM

Just saw D.E.B.S. http://www.imdb.com/...631/fullcredits last night, and was awed by the fabulous Jordana Brewster.

Point of my title though, is that Dave Mullen has captured her in such a way that surpasses even the best of her studio portrait photographers!

Partly one could atribute this to the medium of moving pictures and the semblance of three dimensions, but with frame-grabs, she still looks just as awesome.

On the subject of cimema having more muscle than still photography, I am a Formula One fan and have many books of my favorite era of cars, the '60s. Watching Grand Prix http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060472/ which I bought recently, I find once again the images of the cars are much more marvelous than anything in my book collection.

David Lawrence [NZ]

#2 David Mullen ASC

David Mullen ASC
  • Sustaining Members
  • 19759 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 03 September 2006 - 05:57 PM

Just saw D.E.B.S. last night, and was awed by the fabulous Jordana Brewster.

Point of my title though, is that Dave Mullen has captured her in such a way that surpasses even the best of her studio portrait photographers!

Partly one could atribute this to the medium of moving pictures and the semblance of three dimensions, but with frame-grabs, she still looks just as awesome.

Thanks, but honestly, she really looks that good in real life. If only all my leading ladies were that easy to light! One thing I admire about her is that she stayed in shape during the shoot, getting enough sleep, exercise, etc. -- some of the other young actresses tended to go partying at night and on weekends and by Week Five, were somewhat problematic to light. But not her.

#3 Hal Smith

Hal Smith
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • OKC area

Posted 03 September 2006 - 06:37 PM

One thing I admire about her is that she stayed in shape during the shoot, getting enough sleep, exercise, etc. --

One of the sure signs of professionalism is taking good care of one's equipment! :)

The Slider

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

FJS International, LLC

Wooden Camera

Rig Wheels Passport

Ritter Battery

rebotnix Technologies

Visual Products

Metropolis Post

Technodolly

CineLab

Broadcast Solutions Inc