Richardson Leao
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Other
  • Stockholm, Sweden

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:28 PM

Hi all,

I have used for the first time FOMA DS-8 and I loved the results. Very easy to process and very pretty pics. If anyone is interested to see the results check the last film on my website:

http://jcsmr.anu.edu.au/~rleao/

I bought the film from jandc photo. Another idea I had (posted that before) is if you don't have a ds8 camera is to buy reloadable s8 cartridges, a film spliter, split the film in a changing bag and load 2 s8 cartridges.

cheers

#2 Jon-Hebert Barto

Jon-Hebert Barto
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Other

Posted 06 September 2006 - 01:47 PM

You, Sir, are an insane fool. But we need more people like that in the arts, especialy film. I suggest you read up on Brackhage and his film theory, it might help you solidify your personal vision.

With a piece like this, it's very hard to judge. This is when "art" becomes so personal one cannot really identify with it. In other words, if you were to look inside my head , you'd witness a cacaphony of images/sounds incomprehensible and be just as confounded. However, if I "filtered" this by filming with "conventions" you'd be able to understand a bit more...However the "reality" of my innermost thoughts would lose a certain "truth".

Kudos to you, the man whom defies convention.

Oh, the transfer sucked, BTW. You shot off the wall, right? Next time have it telecined, at least I could see the whole image...It couldn't cost much...

Thanks for posting. Very interesting.

#3 Richardson Leao

Richardson Leao
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Other
  • Stockholm, Sweden

Posted 06 September 2006 - 08:56 PM

thanks for the remarks...

i actually used one of those transfer boxes. this s8 thing is merely a hobby and unfortunately i don't have enough money to spare. but I hope to be able to have the chance to use prof telecine on my next project. again, thanks for the patience.

You, Sir, are an insane fool. But we need more people like that in the arts, especialy film. I suggest you read up on Brackhage and his film theory, it might help you solidify your personal vision.

With a piece like this, it's very hard to judge. This is when "art" becomes so personal one cannot really identify with it. In other words, if you were to look inside my head , you'd witness a cacaphony of images/sounds incomprehensible and be just as confounded. However, if I "filtered" this by filming with "conventions" you'd be able to understand a bit more...However the "reality" of my innermost thoughts would lose a certain "truth".

Kudos to you, the man whom defies convention.

Oh, the transfer sucked, BTW. You shot off the wall, right? Next time have it telecined, at least I could see the whole image...It couldn't cost much...

Thanks for posting. Very interesting.

Paralinx LLC

Tai Audio

Aerial Filmworks

FJS International, LLC

Wooden Camera

Rig Wheels Passport

CineLab

Opal

rebotnix Technologies

Abel Cine

Willys Widgets