which camcorder????

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 piyush sharma

piyush sharma
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2006 - 02:53 AM

i know this been asked million times and replied similarly but still....so here it is.
I AM about to buy a semi pro camcorder and i am thinking to go for HDV FX1 E . I ALSO HAVE OPTION TO BUY SONY PD 170 OR PANASONINC DVX 100A.i am pritty confused which camera i should go for. can u guys suggets . As idea is to shoot some low budget film whihc if producer like can blow up and whihc look close to film. also to make independent documentries and news gathering sometimes.
what u say can any body help.
regards
piyush

#2 Stephen Williams

Stephen Williams
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4708 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Europe

Posted 06 September 2006 - 05:07 AM

i know this been asked million times and replied similarly but still....so here it is.
I AM about to buy a semi pro camcorder and i am thinking to go for HDV FX1 E . I ALSO HAVE OPTION TO BUY SONY PD 170 OR PANASONINC DVX 100A.i am pritty confused which camera i should go for. can u guys suggets . As idea is to shoot some low budget film whihc if producer like can blow up and whihc look close to film. also to make independent documentries and news gathering sometimes.
what u say can any body help.
regards
piyush

Hi,

Go for HDV FX1 E, it's a great camera for the money.
IMHO it's not that suitable for blow up to film as it does mot have a proper frame mode.

Stephen

#3 piyush sharma

piyush sharma
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2006 - 11:26 AM

Hi,

Go for HDV FX1 E, it's a great camera for the money.
IMHO it's not that suitable for blow up to film as it does mot have a proper frame mode.

Stephen

thanks a lot man .just been to ur site looks like great work. i am pritty sure you are one of the right person to take advice from. i guess z1 just got one dvcam facility otherwise its pritty much same . i did saw couple of guys work here who made it on fx1 or z1, and its not bad . although i know to make it look like film one need film .or lots of acessories like film lense adaptor,ligts and pro guys and many more stuff . as u advice so i think i'll go for fx 1 e .
tonnes of thanks

Edited by piyush sharma, 06 September 2006 - 11:27 AM.

The Slider

Paralinx LLC

FJS International, LLC

Aerial Filmworks

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Ritter Battery

Rig Wheels Passport

Visual Products

Metropolis Post

Opal

Willys Widgets

Broadcast Solutions Inc