Photo

Downloading Small Format instead of Subscribing?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Maulubekotofa

Maulubekotofa
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:58 PM

How come can you download the full length full color articles from the smallformat.de website for free? Seems to me they should only offer the first page and not each AND EVERY article in its entirety. Can someone explain? :(

#2 Alessandro Machi

Alessandro Machi
  • Sustaining Members
  • 3318 posts
  • Other
  • California

Posted 06 September 2006 - 10:04 PM

How come can you download the full length full color articles from the smallformat.de website for free? Seems to me they should only offer the first page and not each AND EVERY article in its entirety. Can someone explain? :(

As long as the Ads are included in the downloads, it's an OK idea. It actually costs quite a bit in ink to print out all of those color pictures they include in every issue so people aren't saving money, however they are saving time. Is it all of the articles or just some that can be downloaded?

#3 Maulubekotofa

Maulubekotofa
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 06 September 2006 - 11:05 PM

I believe most all of the "stories" from issue 3 can be had for free. I assume you miss out on the letters to the editor and new developments and the like. Still, I think it is inherently flawed thinking. I can easily set my printer to print only what I want and not the ads.

Well, as long as he has made up his base subscriber numbers, that's what counts.

#4 Alessandro Machi

Alessandro Machi
  • Sustaining Members
  • 3318 posts
  • Other
  • California

Posted 06 September 2006 - 11:13 PM

I believe most all of the "stories" from issue 3 can be had for free. I assume you miss out on the letters to the editor and new developments and the like. Still, I think it is inherently flawed thinking. I can easily set my printer to print only what I want and not the ads.

Well, as long as he has made up his base subscriber numbers, that's what counts.

Even if I were to download the stories I would STILL subscribe and happily get my pristine magazine copy a week later (if extra is paid for shipping via air), or between 1-2 months if shipped by boat.

Ritter Battery

Willys Widgets

FJS International, LLC

Opal

Visual Products

Wooden Camera

CineTape

Paralinx LLC

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Rig Wheels Passport

Aerial Filmworks