#1 grantsmith

grantsmith
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • 2nd Assistant Camera

Posted 07 September 2006 - 04:13 PM

Hi ,

Just picked up a couple of cameras at a flea market anI'm wondering if they are compatable with e64t

I'm pretty sure the Nizo is, I'm sure it is just a rebadged S56. I tried checking with wikisuper8 but the notch selector is a kind of rocker switch (which may suggest it is capable of metering any speed?). Any ideas?

The canon is very basic but was only 6 euros so i couldnt resist. I know a later version of it is e64t compatable but cant find any info on this one. It is the original fully automatic version.

Additionally, the nizo light meter battery cover is stuck fast. Whenever I try to unscrew it the metal just disintegrates around the lock. Any ideas as to how i can open it other than drilling it? Its not much use until i can use the meter.

many thanks,

#2 Alessandro Machi

Alessandro Machi
  • Sustaining Members
  • 3318 posts
  • Other
  • California

Posted 07 September 2006 - 08:10 PM

Hi ,

Just picked up a couple of cameras at a flea market anI'm wondering if they are compatable with e64t

I'm pretty sure the Nizo is, I'm sure it is just a rebadged S56. I tried checking with wikisuper8 but the notch selector is a kind of rocker switch (which may suggest it is capable of metering any speed?). Any ideas?

The canon is very basic but was only 6 euros so i couldnt resist. I know a later version of it is e64t compatable but cant find any info on this one. It is the original fully automatic version.

Additionally, the nizo light meter battery cover is stuck fast. Whenever I try to unscrew it the metal just disintegrates around the lock. Any ideas as to how i can open it other than drilling it? Its not much use until i can use the meter.

many thanks,

A couple of options on the fused light meter battery cover.

One is use a super-long screwdriver, the 2 foot or longer variety. The other is to gently tap the slit with a thick screwdriver and a mallet.

FJS International, LLC

Wooden Camera

CineTape

Ritter Battery

Metropolis Post

CineLab

Paralinx LLC

Willys Widgets

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Glidecam

rebotnix Technologies

The Slider