Richardson Leao
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Other
  • Stockholm, Sweden

Posted 07 September 2006 - 06:45 PM

Hi all,

that may sound dumb, but I currently only have 30m magazines for my kinor, so, when I get a 120m roll (DOUBLE PERF!!!), I generally re-roll it in a daylight spool and then place in the magazine. This way, the end of the film roll will be the first part of the film to be used. As I never sent stuff to the lab, i didn't worry about it so far, but now I want to send the film to the lab and I just realised that the keycode will be inverted. So, I have a number of questions:

1. When the lab return the negatives spliced, will they be spliced according to the sequence I sent? I mean, will the end of what I filmed the end of the wheel?

2. Would a negative cutter be able to do the job if the keycodes are inverted and on the wrong side of the film?

many thanks

#2 Charles MacDonald

Charles MacDonald
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1157 posts
  • Other
  • Stittsville Ontario Canada

Posted 07 September 2006 - 09:12 PM

1. When the lab return the negatives spliced, will they be spliced according to the sequence I sent? I mean, will the end of what I filmed the end of the wheel?

2. Would a negative cutter be able to do the job if the keycodes are inverted and on the wrong side of the film?

many thanks

0) Previous discusion have recomended the rewind twice manover in this situation, just like you would have to do with single perf. That puts the codes back to where they are expected. This is of course only posible if you have not yet shot the film.
1) They will splice them in the order given if you ask nice, otherwise they will splice them in the order they come off the machine..
2) Not in they are planning too use the keycode to do the cuts. You may be able to get the code transfered if you warn everyone who touches the project, if their equipment flexable. BUT if you have not already shot, why not see "point # 0" Above...

Willys Widgets

Aerial Filmworks

Tai Audio

rebotnix Technologies

The Slider

Opal

Glidecam

Paralinx LLC

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Abel Cine

Visual Products

Wooden Camera