#1 vikash nowlakha

vikash nowlakha
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Mumbai, India

Posted 09 September 2006 - 01:30 AM

Hi was wondering which stock everyone favoured for picking up white detail. Was considering Eterna 500T- Does any one know what the latitude of this sock is - both going under and over. Cheers

#2 Jon Kukla

Jon Kukla
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Other

Posted 09 September 2006 - 03:43 PM

I would imagine that the Kodak Vision 2 500T Expression would do a good job of it as well, as it is designed as a low-con stock. I have only used it with bleach bypass, though, so I can't speak from personal experience. The Kodak demo did demonstrate that it does better than normal 500T in this regard, though. As far as Fuji goes, I think that the 250 Eterna stocks both have slightly enhanced latitude, although you will of course lose a stop compared to the 500 speed film.

#3 John Pytlak RIP

John Pytlak RIP

(deceased)

• Sustaining Members
  • 3499 posts
  • Industry Rep
  • Rochester, NY 14650-1922

Posted 12 September 2006 - 07:41 PM

I would imagine that the Kodak Vision 2 500T Expression would do a good job of it as well, as it is designed as a low-con stock. I have only used it with bleach bypass, though, so I can't speak from personal experience. The Kodak demo did demonstrate that it does better than normal 500T in this regard, though. As far as Fuji goes, I think that the 250 Eterna stocks both have slightly enhanced latitude, although you will of course lose a stop compared to the 500 speed film.

Really, any of the Kodak VISION2 stocks should do a fine job holding detail in the highlights. Lots of overexposure latitude. B)

#4 ryan_bennett

ryan_bennett
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Student

Posted 17 September 2006 - 10:36 AM

Really, any of the Kodak VISION2 stocks should do a fine job holding detail in the highlights. Lots of overexposure latitude. B)

It's true, I've gone both way with the Vision2 stocks and the lattitude is really amazing, puts video to shame. Now I don't know which is better between the two companies as I'm satisfied with both so here's a link to fuji product information: 500 Curves

Abel Cine

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Tai Audio

Rig Wheels Passport

Opal

Wooden Camera

The Slider

FJS International, LLC

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Metropolis Post

Technodolly

Glidecam