Bolex H16 Reflex Purchased... but Perplexed !!
Posted 12 September 2006 - 08:06 PM
1. I can see through the viewfinder on the top, but it doesn't look very crisp and clear. The lense I use is a 25mm Paillard. I tried to adjust the lense by turning the adjuster thing i guess where the little orange dots appear but that resulted in the image in the viewfinder black. Is there something wrong with the viewfinder?
2. I tried to wind the camera but nothing happnes. I don't have any film in the camera right now. Does the camera have to have film inside to wind or is the camera not working?
3. This is not pertaining to bolex. Do you know any good store that sells film and/or repairs cameras in Los Angeles?
Posted 12 September 2006 - 10:53 PM
2. What do you mean nothing happens? It won't turn at all, it turns freely, or it doesn't fire. Make sure the large lever on the left of the winding crack is off the MOT position.
The camera needs no film to function.
Posted 13 September 2006 - 02:13 AM
With all due respect, it sounds like a little research may help you. Here?s one of many places to look:
Google bolex information or bolex history and quite a few others will pop up.
Posted 13 September 2006 - 06:39 AM
1. You are turning the aperture ring. You need to turn the focus ring to get the image in focus. I suspect it may be frozen however. Replace the lens if you have another one.
Yep, also try adjusting the diopter (the eyepeice) - take off your lens point it at some light (not the sun) and focus the diopter until you see the grain of the ground glass... Now try focusing your lens, still no good ? then you have three possibilities... a. you have a non-RX lens on a reflex Bolex (or possibly vice-versa) b. your camera is broken/maladjusted/filled with fungus or c. something we didn't think of...
As for the not working problem, RT(F)M and get back to us with a better description (;
happy to help,
btw: which model RX ?